[SOLVED] Random buzzing sounds coming from my PSU even when my computer is OFF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2021
I have a buzzing problem coming from my PSU. So far I know:

1) The buzzing is not constant. Sometimes it doesn't happen for hours, sometimes it goes on a roller coaster happening once every 2 minutes. All random.

2) The buzzing happens whether the computer is turned ON or OFF. It still happens whether if I turn the switch on the PSU ON or OFF. It only goes away after I remove the plug completely.

3) I tried using a different plugs around the house, the buzzing happens on all of them.

4) I tried another cable to plug in to the PSU, the buzzing still happens.

5) I can use my computer fine with no damages while the buzzing happens (so far at least)

6) Sometimes, when the computer is on and it makes a buzzing noise, I also hear it on my headset (coming from right ear)

I recorded audio to show what kind of noise it is. Here's the video. At 0:17 seconds it is very strong and can be heard. My PSU is High Power 750watt gold certificate and been working without this issue for almost a year. The problem appeared 3 days ago.

Solution
Something wrong with your video ---- nothing to see or hear.

If the noise is indeed coming from the PSU it doesn't surprise me because "High Power" is a cheap brand anyway, so build-quality is suspect.
I wouldn't buy a "High Power" PSU that's for sure.
Sep 24, 2021
Something wrong with your video ---- nothing to see or hear.

If the noise is indeed coming from the PSU it doesn't surprise me because "High Power" is a cheap brand anyway, so build-quality is suspect.
I wouldn't buy a "High Power" PSU that's for sure.
Today I bought a new PSU (Corsair TX750 gold) and the same noise problem is happening with the new PSU aswell. I think something's wrong with my house's electricity since this happens with multiple plugs inside the house.

The video is actually just audio. I had to add a black screen to be able to upload on YouTube. If you turn your audio on I'm sure you can hear it. Headphones recommended.

Also High Power PSU is much more quieter than the new corsair one. Also Corsair PSU has this very low high pitched noise coming from it unlike the High Power PSU. I will send the newly bought corsair back and use my old PSU after I deal with this electricity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts