Question Random changes in master volume

taskee

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2013
Cant pinpoint exactly when it happened but for a while now the master volume goes down randomly by a fixed amount and then goes back up to the original volume after a random period. It happens constantly, watching a movie, listening to youtube, playing a game etc. The amount of time it stays on lower volume is random as well, it might be a few seconds, it might be a minute

Ive reinstalled drivers, did various option checking in sound tabs of the control panel but nothing seems to fix it.

Im running windows 10 if its relevant,

thanks for any answers and sorry, didnt know which section to post this is as im not sure if its a software or hardware issue

You have media controls on a keyboard that are acting up, someone is messing with the system remotely maybe, you have a bluetooth connection to something that is adjusting volume. Need some system details, what is connected, what sound card, etc...

You are saying the actual Windows volume slider moves is that correct?

taskee

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2013
You have media controls on a keyboard that are acting up, someone is messing with the system remotely maybe, you have a bluetooth connection to something that is adjusting volume. Need some system details, what is connected, what sound card, etc...

You are saying the actual Windows volume slider moves is that correct?

No media controls on keyboard, no bluetooth connections. Someone suggested that the speaker cables are faulty and im not sure how i would go about confirming that, i re-plugged them all and the problem persists (would that even be the cause? wouldnt the sound be completely gone instead of just lowered if it was a cable connection issue?)
Running Win10 64bit, not sure about the sound card, i'd say its integrated into the motherboard.
As for the volume slider it doesnt move.

No media controls on keyboard, no bluetooth connections. Someone suggested that the speaker cables are faulty and im not sure how i would go about confirming that, i re-plugged them all and the problem persists (would that even be the cause? wouldnt the sound be completely gone instead of just lowered if it was a cable connection issue?)
Running Win10 64bit, not sure about the sound card, i'd say its integrated into the motherboard.
As for the volume slider it doesnt move.

This happens with all audio sources and speakers/headphones? Have you tried testing with different speakers, etc...?