[SOLVED] Random Computer Crashing (Update)

Jun 12, 2020
So I have had a problem that randomly at least once a week or two, my computer will randomly freeze, and wont shut down or anything, It will stay stuck on the frame that was last displayed, sometimes audio will still be playing in the background, and sometimes the audio will cut out as well. At first I thought it was a GPU problem since it was the display freezing so I reseated my GPU and made sure nothing was interfering with it, I rolled back drivers to the latest safest drivers and called it a day. Then last night it froze again, meaning the problem still exists. I thought it was a cooling thing at one point, but after running stress tests, my system temperatures were fine, and even if they hit 70's or 80's no stuttering or freezing happened. The only other thing I can think of is the power supply, since we have had a storm come through this area, and caused my PC to shut down during that time. But I dont have another PSU, and its not a problem I can force since it only seems to freeze when playing a game while listening to music in the background. Do you guys have any suggestions?

System specs:
CPU-Ryzen 5 3600
GPU-Radeon 5700
PSU- Corasir RM-750x (refurbished)
MOBO- Aorus x570 Elite wifi
SSD- ADATA 1tb NVME SSD
RAM-16gb (8gbx2) Gskill ripjaws 3600mhz
---------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I went through Event Viewer and saw this message pop up a bit after I had to hard shut down my computer
"
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user RIHANS-DESKTOP\Rihan SID (S-1-5-21-1724171093-4114597312-1219705833-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."
If anyone knows if this is the problem that would aslo be nice

Last edited:
Solution
@Yediaky You can google that error message and you will find long threads speculating about what it means. In most situations it is a nonissue. You can read Microsoft's comments here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows

This crash only occurs when you are listening to music while playing a game? If so, I don't think this is a hardware issue. Sounds more like a software issue. I would start by updating video and audio drivers. What software are using for your music? What happens if you use different software?

One last thing ... your system temps were 70-80? System temp normally refers to the temperature of the motherboard. 70-80 would be astoundingly high...
Aug 31, 2020
The same thing just occurred to me and i came looking for an answer, Let me know if you find any. I was doing some work when all of a sudden My screen froze my pc was still on and all fans were working but it would not turn off or change frames. I noticed an orange light on my mobo. I also have a ryzen 5 3600 and a 5700 xt.

@Yediaky You can google that error message and you will find long threads speculating about what it means. In most situations it is a nonissue. You can read Microsoft's comments here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows

This crash only occurs when you are listening to music while playing a game? If so, I don't think this is a hardware issue. Sounds more like a software issue. I would start by updating video and audio drivers. What software are using for your music? What happens if you use different software?

One last thing ... your system temps were 70-80? System temp normally refers to the temperature of the motherboard. 70-80 would be astoundingly high (like touching your case would cause a 1st or 2nd degree burn). I suspect your CPU and GPU were at those temperatures and your motherboard was more like 40.

Solution