Random computer failure after installing new components

Hypahh

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Ok so I just got some new components to put in my system, a gtx 760, deep cool gammaxx 300 and a antec 520w high current gamer power supply. I installed all the components and everything was running perfectly for a day, but the next day whilst playing crysis 2 it shutdown randomly with no warning and won't turn back on. The motherboard light is on and the graphics card is receiving power but the computer won't turn on. It turns on for half a second then turns off again when I press the power button. The CPU I am using is the i5 3570k and it's not over clocked, the motherboard is an asus p8h61-mx. When I installed the up cooler I did not clean off the CPU's thermal paste and didn't apply any new thermal paste to the cooler as it came per applied with the paste. Any help would be awesome, thanks

Solution

In this case. Hard to figure out. You have to remove all things and put it back on. try to reset your bios.

razor 10

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Bear in mind friend gtx 760 need at least 600w of psu. In this case try to reapply your thermal pasTE on your cpu and try to remove and re install back your gtx 760. Give it a shot :D

Hypahh

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

The power supply I'm using is high quality and has 40 amps of the 12v rail. It was working for an entire day and the model I have (asus direct cu2) only needs 1 8 pin pcie power whilst the power supply I'm using has 2 8 pins

razor 10

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

In this case. Hard to figure out. You have to remove all things and put it back on. try to reset your bios.

Solution