Random computer restarts

Nov 7, 2018
I've just changed my GPU from NVidia GTX 560Ti, to AMD R9 280 and now I get a strange thing with my PC. When I try to open high specs game, for example I try to set graphics in Fortnite on Epic, my PC restarts. So I wonder, what may be causing the problem.

I use Intel Pentium G4560 CPU and have 8GB DDR Ram.

Solution

Most certainly going to be your PSU. That manufacture isn't very good and PSUs loose a little every year so if it stated at a true 500W is probably outputting ~350W or less by now. Good news is they have seemed to come down in price a bit from where they use to be. I would go with something with a good rating like the the...
Computer restarts could be several things, but most commonly are RAM issues. Have you changed the RAM timings, speed or voltage? Although in your case I think that the PSU (power supply unit) is probably going to be the issue. The R9 280 uses a lot more power than the GTX 560Ti did and if you don't have an adequate PSU then the GPU is being starved for power, may be taking power away from something else, such as the ram or processor and could easily cause a system restart due to extreme instability. How old is your power supply, what brand is it and what is it rated at (how many watts and bronze, gold, ect...)?

Nov 7, 2018
Well, I thought PSU might be the problem, just didn't want to rush away to buy a new one.

So, my PSU is Modecom Premium 500. Its quite old, I can't even tell how long I've been using this one. Its 500W and I can't find any rating on it, but I googled it and found it has CE certificate.

And I've never messed with my RAM, yet I didn't buy them first hand, so I don't know if previous owner changed anything.

Most certainly going to be your PSU. That manufacture isn't very good and PSUs loose a little every year so if it stated at a true 500W is probably outputting ~350W or less by now. Good news is they have seemed to come down in price a bit from where they use to be. I would go with something with a good rating like the the EVGA Supernova, have been extremely happy with mine. You should probably be looking in the 550W - 600W range as it will handle your current rig and give you the option of upgrades for a few years to come.

Solution
Nov 7, 2018

Oh, so I've already looked up on some PSU's, since I'm trying to fit into a budget build, would you advice anything that would be in a good price range and still be reliable? I've read people using Seasonic S 12II-520W PSU with R9 280 GPU. Yet it's 520W, would it be enough? Yet this PSU has great reviews all around the forums.

520W is enough with your current build. If you are planning an upgrade anytime soon then you may want a "heftier" PSU. While the Seasonic isn't in the higher tiers of PSUs in your current build I see nothing wrong with an 80+ Bronze PSU and it does seem to have good reviews. You should be fine with it. However if you intend on upgrading I would go with a higher tier and be looking at 600W plus.

Nov 7, 2018

After a fortune I've already spent on my upgrades during last month, I won't plan any upcoming upgrades for quite some time xD Anyway, thanks mate.