Random computer shutdowns when using Chrome

Jun 20, 2018
Hey, so my new-built computer is about 2 months old.

For some reason, when i BEGIN searching something in chrome ( i.e. begin typing in the search field, not pressing search) my whole computer sometimes shuts down.

This is some very strange behaviour, and I am wondering if anyone knows what the problem is, and how I can fix it?

It only occurs when i start typing in the search field, not every time, but usually when ALT+TAB down a game i am playing and start googling something (I usually play rogue likes so I google the random items of games to see what they do).

My PSU is pretty bad, a Corsair vs650, but I am still not entirely sure that the PSU is the problem, as the crashes only occur when using chrome, but never when playing more demanding games for long periods (Far cry 5).

UPDATE: Just happened again after writing this post, when watching youtube on one monitor and tabbing up another chrome tab on the other... I don't even have to be playing games for this to happen.

Help me out.

Family friendly forum, mate.
Watch the language.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
1| When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

2| Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

3| Have you made sure you're on the latest drivers for your networking adapter?

4| Try using another web browser to rule out Chrome as the root cause.

5| What games are you playing to encounter this issue? Is it the same with any game that you minimize?