Question Random connectivity issue with wired Corsair Harpoon RGB mouse ?

Necrofyl

Honorable
Aug 18, 2016
Hello everybody. I hope you are all having wonderful day.
So I need little help out here. I got Corsair Harpoon RGB gaming mouse. It's been acting really weird. When I try to move my mouse a little bit more and cable moves it disconnects for aprox. 5 to 10 seconds (randomly) , however when i connect it to another pc/laptop it works really good without issues for next 4 to 5 days and then happens again and that is really odd if you ask me. I've tried to find and see if maybe my cable was broken somewhere but that doesn't seem to be issue. Any help is much appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes or other entries that are logged just before or at the time of the mouse disconnects.

If the mouse works on another pc/laptop without problems then I would suspect, based on your description, that the current/host PC may have a faulty USB port.

Are you able to test that port with other known working USB devices: another USB mouse, a USB keyboard, flash drive, etc.? (Do not risk a flash drive with important data on it.)

If you can create the problem by gently wiggling the USB plug to port connection then the port is likely the culprit.

Especially if you can see physical movement in the USB port. Plug moving in the port or the entire port moves.

You can also try using a USB extension cable between the Harpoon Mouse and USB port. Another USB plug might fit a bit tighter or otherwise improve the physical connection.

Necrofyl

Honorable
Aug 18, 2016
I have tried other usb ports still same thing happening and same with other computers it works fine for up to 5 days then that same thing happens. Tried with usb extension cable also but with no sucess.
i have am4 mobo
ryzen 1600x
16gb ram
5600 xt amd card
psu chieftec 1000W modular
Nothing is Overclocked on my system.