Random, Consistent Game Crashes

LukeJ

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hello,

i'm having a problem where in the middle of games, the process will simply end and send me back to the desktop. It only does this with some games though, so im not sure what's going on. I have a Radeon 5770 HD card, and i've read that this is a well known occurrence but i have yet to see a solution. My computer does not overheat, i've ruled that out, and it's not the power supply. All my drivers are installed correctly, and im not getting any errors when the crashes occur. I've only experienced it while playing certain games, but never outside of a game. I dont get any error messages, or lines on the screen, or anything. I have a AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.41 GHz processor, 4G RAM, the Radeon 5770 HD series, a Asus Crosshair III Formula MOBO, and a 750-1000 watt Rocketfish powersupply. I am also running Windows7 32-bit, if needed to know.

Thanks! Any tips or tricks would be great!

Lefturn

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
I would suggest checking the Event Viewer logs in windows.
Click start and type in event viewer in the search box to find it. Expand the Windows Logs section and look in the Application and System logs. You will probably see a lot of "informational" entries, but you can ignore those. Try to find ones marked as warnings or errors that occur at the same time when your games crash. This may give you a clue to find the source of the problem.

LukeJ

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
The warnings that i'm reading that seem to be at around the right time all say something like this:

"Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards. "