Question Random crash BSOD- Anyone knows to read DMP?

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
CPU : 3900x
GPU 1080ti
MOBO : MSI x570 Gaming Plus
RAM : 32gb 3600mhz ( now its working at 3333mhz )
Win10 latest update

So sometimes pc randomly crashes for no reason ( it could be idle or in some random game ) but NEVER happened in CSGO

DMP - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cYgMpt7BeuwzFzCns0q8buJuwRpN86xR/view?usp=sharing

Fresh new windows installed like 10 days ago
I've purchased Memtest Pro and it was running while i was AFK for like 10 days and not a single error.....
If anyone needs any more info about my issue, i will provide. Thank you guys in advance
We3rvAi.png
9FGEKuH.png
urroENF.png
EUpXXSY.png

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/b68tj49n/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:040521-11671-01.dmp (Apr 5 2021 - 12:29:25)
Bugcheck:UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7F)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: UplayService.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version A.D1 (Beta).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
are you overclocked?

try updating chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570
try updating ryzenmaster via its options screen
Could be newer version of Icue

AIO water seems warm (mine runs at 32c max, do you always run in balanced? I only run balanced if temps are anywhere near 35, it was a cooler summer this year so I only saw 34c max, and thats cause I normally run in quiet (Have a H100i 240mm myself)
what case and would I be right guessing AIO is in exhaust at top of case? you can get lower temps running AIO as intake at front if case allows it.
41c is about average for mine, 37 to 41c if I ignore the cpu constantly being woken up to do things.

does the speed ryzen master shows your CPU as running match Task manager? Mine never does. Task manager thinks CPU runs 4ghz when its really much lower - Both can't be right
cZ7c1t6.jpg

Better off trusting HWINFO or ryzen master, Average Effective clock is a more realistic measure of true PC activity.

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
This is current one with different temps % but i really doubt that's the problem here
MwiY2Y6.png

Yeah, once i've started UPlay client, my PC crashed for some reason. Then after reboot i've started again and nothing happened, so i've put Rainbox Six to download and once i've exit the game PC crashed again.... My MOBO is MSI ( not asus ) and everything on PC is updated to the latest possible version

Colif

Win 11 Master
so two crashes, 1 with bsod and one without?

I don't see any mention of Asus.

if HWINFO always running, your temps look fine and consistent. I run it in background all day and it hovers between 37 & 41. I don't think AIO is involved in crashes, I was just commenting on pictures.

Double fault error
Indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Typically, the two exceptions are handled serially. However, there are several exceptions that cannot be handled serially, and in this situation the processor signals a double fault.
There are two common causes of a Double Fault:
  1. A kernel stack overflow. This overflow occurs when a guard page is hit, and the kernel tries to push a trap frame. Because there is no stack left, a stack overflow results, causing the double fault. If you think this has occurred, use !thread to determine the stack limits, and then use kb (Display Stack Backtrace) with a large parameter (for example, kb 100) to display the full stack.
  2. The other common cause is a hardware problem.

This overflow occurs if multiple drivers are attached to the same stack. For example, if two file system filter drivers are attached to the same stack and then the file system recurses back in, the stack overflows.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...r/bug-check-0x7f--unexpected-kernel-mode-trap

if you getting crashes with no bsod, then 2?

CPU : 3900x
GPU 1080ti
MOBO : MSI x570 Gaming Plus
RAM : 32gb 3600mhz ( now its working at 3333mhz )
what are rest of the parts?

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
@Colif Sry i thought i read something else. Actually every single time was BSOD
TNuuuRW.png
SIF5F3S.png
These 2 are most recent ones after reinstalling Windows

Also, not sure if this has something to do but right before i have reinstall windows i have updated my BIOS to latest version and when i wanted to put my RAM on 3600mhz i couldnt. Didnt want to boot OS at all. So i had to put 3200mhz then my screen didnt want to turn ON at all so had to clear CMOS by removing battery etc. Then i've tried again and managed to get 3333 somehow....
FoAlGb0.png

rYHmgd7.png

Thank you once more for tryin to help me here

Colif

Win 11 Master
i did wonder about that ram timing, 3333 isn't normal.
you might need to give ram more power to get to 3600

strange timings could cause BSOD.
what are stock speeds of the ram?

So ram ran at other speed before bios update? how strange for it to change in the opposite direction.

was ram tested by G SKill to work with motherboard/CPU combo?

3 BSOD, 1 dump so far. Do you have anymore? All dumps is more info, might offer clues.

what PSU? What storage? What are rest of parts in PC?

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
@Colif Sry, im not expert at OC Ram in BIOS, i just put 3600 and FCLK 1800 and that's it

Yes, when it was out of the box, i've managed to get 3600 and was running for like good 6mths without single crash.
When i reset BIOS i see that ram speed says 2133mhz ( even PC doesnt want to boot when i enable XAMP in BIOS ) and i know it did work when i've built this PC.

wCWSBw8.png
UUYXHpY.png

As u can see, my MOBO supports this G SKILL RAM

PSU : Corsair TX850M Modular
Storage : 1 SATA SSD 128gb Samsung EVO for OS
1 NVMe 240gb A-DATA XPG - 3600mb/s R/W for games only
1 SATA SSD Samsung 128gb casual
1 HDD WD 2TB for Storage
------------------------------------
Triple monitor setup

This is every DMP created since new OS : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FXK_ROSXPgtzf87-SDNknIJN_UkA2TLE?usp=sharing

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have asked about what might cause ram to slow down.
BIOS updates meant to make ram work better with mb, not reduce ability.
I don't know if its the PSU or not, I have asked for some 2nd opinions, see if anyone else has any ideas.

Colif

Win 11 Master

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Now i really dont understand how's not working when it actually did? o_O
I've managed to find my old screenshot
XGv0Zcb.png

This was taken 29/5/2020 and u can see it was running @ 3600mhz
Now im really confused and dunno what to do now? o_O

Colif

Win 11 Master
Speculation - wonder if bios flash didn't work right.

its possible its a problem with the beta bios you have now. I wonder if you can flash bios back to previous non beta version, might fix memory. None of the last few mention anything about ram though. Seems you have to remove most of parts in PC to use button on back - reddit link

See if anyone else has any ideas before messing with BIOS. I would also think about asking on here - https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php about the ram speed thing.

gardenman

Splendid
I'm not sure if this needed or not, but here's the info for the 4 new dump files: https://jsfiddle.net/wuzh4y6x/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:040521-13015-01.dmp (Apr 5 2021 - 08:55:30)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:9 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

File information:032421-13468-01.dmp (Mar 24 2021 - 17:12:09)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (F7)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:11 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 57 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

File information:030721-8593-01.dmp (Mar 7 2021 - 16:39:19)
Bugcheck:REFERENCE_BY_POINTER (18)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: RuntimeBroker.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

File information:030721-11796-01.dmp (Mar 7 2021 - 17:18:08)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/d3f7quo1/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:040721-12140-01.dmp (Apr 7 2021 - 16:46:47)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Ok so i've changed BIOS to 7C37vAB and again i couldnt turn on XMP. System doesnt want to boot @3600-16-19-19-19-39
But now works @ 3466? ^^ That's literally one down option from 3600 in DRAM OC .... I will see if it will crash now...