Question Random crashes during gaming ?

BlazHUN1

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
Hi guys! I built a pc in last october, had no issues so far however in the last 2 weeks the following things happened to me. I was playing CoD: Warzone for 2-3 hours when my pc randomly shut down and it tried to power on again but it couldn't power up properly, the fans weren't spinning normally (they were kinda pulsing) also my RAM was still lighting up (it's RGB). I switched off the PSU power switch then back on again and I could start the PC without any problems but no error messages or anything. Yesterday the same happened to me but this time I got a pop up from Radeon software that all settings were reset to default. I ran the GPU with auto overclock but after the first crash I turned that off too yet the it still crashed .

Specs:

PSU: Cooler Master Gold 650W
Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite,
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT,
AMD Ryzen 3600X,
16 Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz CL19,
2 x Samsung SSD.

I was thinking about maybe updating the BIOS as it is on version F2 but the latest is version F13h. Any and every help is appreciated! Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
CoolerMaster is the brand of the PSU while Gold is your 80+ efficiency rating and 650W is the wattage, you didn't mention the model for the PSU. If you're on BIOS version F2, gradually work your way to F13H, i.e, F2>F10>F12>F13H. See if that helps you out. What OS version are you on? You might need to source a donor PSU that is reliably built to rule out your PSU being faulty or failing.

BlazHUN1

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
CoolerMaster is the brand of the PSU while Gold is your 80+ efficiency rating and 650W is the wattage, you didn't mention the model for the PSU. If you're on BIOS version F2, gradually work your way to F13H, i.e, F2>F10>F12>F13H. See if that helps you out. What OS version are you on? You might need to source a donor PSU that is reliably built to rule out your PSU being faulty or failing.
I'm on Windows 10, version 19042.928, PSU is CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold+ V2 Full Modular (can't seem to find more specific info)

Latest posts