Question Random crashes, graphics driver timeouts

Nov 28, 2022
So, this'll be a bit of a long explanation, but here goes:
I had upgraded by GPU a few weeks ago from an RX 580 to an RX 5700, which I bought used. When I purchased it, I neglected to examine the images in really any detail, and it arrived in the poor condition depicted in the photos. The I/O shield was rusted, and the card was very dusty. I used a compressed air can to clear most of the dust and did my best to clean off the rust before slotting it into my PC. For a few days, there were no problems, and it ran fine. I then went on a trip for about five days or so, then came back and began using my PC again. It began green screening intermittently, and I assumed it was the new GPU. I put back in my RX 580, and there were no more green screens. I've ordered a different card and filed a return claim with the first seller (who is denying any fault), and am waiting for the new card to arrive.
After putting my old card back in, I am still experiencing problems, but of a different nature. Since then, my PC has been having a litany of new problems. My games will crash, screens flicker, and I get messages saying drivers timed out. I've reinstalled drivers more times than I care to count, and am running out of options. My last resort would be a new clean install of Windows 10, but that is something I would like to avoid.
TLDR: New GPU has caused problems for my system, after putting old one in, have new problems instead.

Mainly I have two questions:
Could the RX 5700 have done some damage to my PC?
Is the only fix a clean Windows install?

I can rule out PSU problems as I bought it brand new recently, a Gigabyte GP-UD750GM, a 750W 80+ Gold PSU.

Any help is appreciated.

Nov 28, 2022
Ran DDU, reinstalled drivers, no problems as of yet. Will post update if I get any more issues. One more question though, should I run DDU again when the new card arrives, or is it fine as is?