Random Crashes When Playing Games!!

Twoodiddy

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
I built this computer about a week ago, and everything has worked amazingly. Today, however, I was playing a game, and the screen went black, and I heard a stuttering sound in the background... I had to force restart my computer to get it to stop. And whenever I tried playing another game, the same thing would happen! But if I were to just surf youtube and what not, it ran fine...

Below is my exact build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Twoodiddy/saved/24S1

Everything has worked great up to this point, and I'm unsure as to why this is happening..

Thanks in advance

Tyler

Twoodiddy

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Actually, I barely even get in game.. I tried playing league a little bit ago, and i got into the loading screen going in to the game, but it crashed when i got to 87% loading... A friend had me download a game to play with her earlier called "Vindictus" And I was able to play that for about 30 minutes, and then my computer crashed for the first time... Ever since then, I can't play anything...

Twoodiddy

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Not just fullscreen no. I had league borderless windowed. So it was kind of fullscreen, but not. Also, my computer has crashed sometimes just running skype... But not all the time. Mainly games trigger the cash from what I see.

rennatnave101

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
I assume your running windows. You could look at dxdiag, because DirectX has a lot to do with games. Look around and run some of the visual tests, and make sure you have the most recent version for your flavor of Windows. I'm no expert, but that's where I'd start.

Twoodiddy

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
It has now gotten to the point where the screen will stay black upon starting the computer... I can hear that windows has started up through the speakers and everything, but my monitor stays off... I've checked all necessary wires for the monitor to work, and they are all fine.. I tried my luck about 10 times, and once it started up with the screen working. I logged in, and was on my desktop for about a minute, and then the screen went black, and I had to force restart.

JavaSun

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013

As replied above, verify your RAM is working correctly.
Also, did you overclock anything weirdly maybe?

Off-topic I recommend you get an aftermarket CPU cooler.

Twoodiddy

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
No, I haven't overclocked anything. Also, how do i go about making sure my ram is working properly? I'm unable to do much since I can't get the computer to start up with the monitor.

Twoodiddy

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Alright, I tested the memory, and there were no issues found... I don't know if this will sway the conclusion to the issue, but when my monitor goes black, it actually is going to sleep... It will come up with a box saying "DVI NO SIGNAL" and then goes to sleep... All wires are secure. I have my DVI going from my graphics card, into my monitor

Twoodiddy

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

I'll run memtest a couple more times to be sure. And I didn't remove the GPU, but i did take the DVI cable and put it into the motherboard, and still nada.

TRENDING THREADS