[SOLVED] Random Crashes With New Build

May 28, 2021
I've had problems since day one of turning it on. Its been mainly two problems, random black screens when starting up a game, or on specific games having a crash where my
monitor loses connection but my fans stay on.
With the black screen problem, I've had it happen with Subnautica, League, CSGO, and Totally Accurate Battlegrounds. I am able to alt + tab out of the games however, unless
I restart my computer I can't run the games without this happening. To close the game and get rid of the black screen I have to go into task manager and close it from there.
The crashing problem happens on only two games so far, Devour and Totally Accurate Battle Sim. However, it doesn't seem like a normal crash. The monitor will say no signal
and then eventually turn off, as will my keyboard and mouse. Also, all the lighting goes down on fans, MOBO, memory, and case.
The fans on the case will stay on, and as the crash happens the rpm will ramp up to the point where it sounds like there's a helicopter landing on my roof.
I check to see if there was a crash report made every time this happens, but nothing shows up or I don't know where to find it.
The temp of my CPU is running around 80 degrees Celcius when the crashes occur but this seems to be a normal temp for me
while running other games.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x (Stock Cooler)
GPU - Radeon RX 6800 XT
RAM - 2*8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB series DDR4 4400 speed
PSU - ASUS ROG Strix 750 fully modular 80 plus gold
MOBO - MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WIFI AMD AM4

Solution
Might want to invest in a better CPU cooler.

I have concerns that your very high memory speed might be related to this. Are you running 1:1 ratio with the Infinity Fabric? That would be 2200Mhz which is pretty quick. Might lead to random behavior. I suggest dropping the memory speed and seeing if the problem persists. The high CPU temps coupled what that is not a good scenario.

PSU also concerns me a little. Some record of it having issues with high power draws.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Might want to invest in a better CPU cooler.

I have concerns that your very high memory speed might be related to this. Are you running 1:1 ratio with the Infinity Fabric? That would be 2200Mhz which is pretty quick. Might lead to random behavior. I suggest dropping the memory speed and seeing if the problem persists. The high CPU temps coupled what that is not a good scenario.

PSU also concerns me a little. Some record of it having issues with high power draws.

Solution