Question Random crashes with no BSOD while gaming

Jan 2, 2022
Specs: i9-9900k, 2080 super, 64gig 2133/3200mhz GSkill RAM, 1 500gig SSD, 500gig nvme, 1tb SSS, 2tb HDD, Fractal design AIO S24, 4 60mm case fans, 600w Bronze+ EVGA psu, Windows10. Nothing is overclocked.

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out what is causing my computer to freeze while gaming, and only while gaming (happens in multiple games) - no stress tests had any issues at all. I've ran every test under the sun for multiple iterations with 0 reported errors. Memtest, intel burn test, furmark burn tests, kombustor gpu stress tests, windows memory test, all had no negative results even under maximum load. I've used DDU to reinstall my graphic drivers fresh, Ive tried a clean windows install, Ive done the 1 ram stick and swap slots thing, I've undervolted my cpu/gpu/ram, nothing seems to fix it. Originally I had thought it was Nvidia broadcast and its driver after using Whocrashed but that only fixed the issue for maybe a few hours. I was able to play subnautica for about 2 hours after uninstalling the broadcast software/drivers. For what its worth, everything in the PC is about a year old except the PSU which is probably 3-5 years old. The crash is more like a freeze, everything stops and audio stutters until I manually restart the system via the power button.

Any help is appreciated, let me know if there is any other information you will need to assist me.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022
Following up: I reinstalled windows on one drive at a time, tried subnautica (the game that I've been using to test for crashes) and all had the same issue with freezing.