Question Random crashes without a bsod

LegoLoco45

Reputable
Nov 20, 2016
Greetings! The issue I have persists for quite a while now.Wanted to use beep codes, but I don't have the speaker, so that's out of the question. I don't know the reason it all started, but let me first describe the crashes.

At random times: Sometimes even just at the start-up lockscreen of windows 10, sometimes just opening steam library; just using a web browser - The screen goes black with a buzzing noise that sometimes ends with a restart, sometimes it doesn't respond to anything until a force restart. or it just goes black, the sound is cut completely and it just stays that way until a force restart. Interesting to note, that the backlit keyboard i have goes dark at all these occasions.

I recently rebuilt my system, replaced most of my old parts with new - psu; graphics card; cpu; ram; mobo;
Old ones that remained are : hdd,ssd.
The system is installed on the SSD;

So, the current hardware I'm running is:

PSU - Xilence 830W 80+ bronze
CPU - Ryzen 5 1600
GPU - Sapphire nitro+ rx570 8GB
RAM - Viper 2x8GB 3000MHz or 3200MHz DDR4. If the clockspeed needs clarifiaction, i can post it up later.
SSD - Adata SU650 240GB
HDD - Toshiba P300 1TB 7200rpm
MOBO - B450-HDV r4.0

If there are any questions i'll be glad to help you with helping me :')

Lutfij

Titan
When you state that the system was rebuilt, what were your prior specs? Did you reinstall the OS after the migration to the new parts? Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? I would suggest you source another PSU for that system, preferably something more reliable by Seasonic or their ilk, to rule out a faulty PSU.

You should also breadboard the system with only the SSD, ram/mobo/CPU combo and the discrete GPU.

LegoLoco45

Reputable
Nov 20, 2016
When you state that the system was rebuilt, what were your prior specs? Did you reinstall the OS after the migration to the new parts? Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? I would suggest you source another PSU for that system, preferably something more reliable by Seasonic or their ilk, to rule out a faulty PSU.

You should also breadboard the system with only the SSD, ram/mobo/CPU combo and the discrete GPU.
Thanks for moving the post, didn't know where to put it. :)

Prior to the upgrade I had ASUS rx460 2gb, with a Athlon x4 845, evga 430W psu, the mobo was GA-F2A68HM-S1 , don't remember the rev. Yes, did a fresh install after the upgrade. But the PSU is new and the problem was already before the switch to xilence...? I'm currently out of cash and don't have anyone to lend a psu from.

Forgot to mention that I did the sfc /scannow and it found errors that it wasn't able to repair. After some searching I found DISM.exe that was able to actually repair those issues, after the repair scan showed to be clean, but the blackouts still here.

BIOS version P2.30 5/8/2019.

The breadboarding will show if the hdd is faulty or where's the catch?

LegoLoco45

Reputable
Nov 20, 2016
Crashes have become more apparent. Now it's atleast a single crash in a day.
I have a weird hunch that the crashes happen when the pc works with the programs installed on the HDD, could it be so? The HDD has been used for quite some time now.