[SOLVED] Random crashes, without BSOD

Aug 31, 2020
Hello, my new(I have it for about 6 months) PC keep crashing at random points, when I'm browsing/gaming or when I'm away and PC is just idling.
Full specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570
PSU: Corsair RM650x and beQuiet 650, I have tested them both
RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 C15 BK DC 16
GPU: Gigabyte 5700XT
Drives: M.2 for windows, 1TB ssd and 2x hdd in raid 1
No OC/XMP, full stock. Temps are fine, for CPU I'm using bequiet darkrock pro 4
I have latest drivers and bios, I have been checking different versions of drivers for about 6 months now.

Things that I have tested:
RAM- memtest was running for about 15 hours, no errors.
CPU- prime95 was working fine for 1 hour, then one error pop up on one core.
GPU- furmark for stress test, temps are fine, not crashing, also tried testing OCCT for couple of hours with no results. Also GPU have latest firmware and I have changed PCIE to gen 3 to test if this would help.
After a crash Event viewers shows just code 41 kernel power, nothing specific, just like someone killed power.
Recently I have wiped my PC and starts fresh, it is keep crashing but now in Event Viewer i constantly see Warring WHEA-Logger, new entry every couple seconds. I don't know if this is related somehow.
I have found some solutions online: changing in BIOS power loading to enable, changing windows power plan.
I have also test sfc and dism.
BIOS reset, even changed CMOS battery.

Most recent memory DMP says something like this:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffe58d54c108c0, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000f6a00000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000030015, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

If someone is interested to reading all that here is ZIP with DMP and App dump and sys dump from event viewer. Password for ZIP file is "test"

EDIT:
I'm start to think that maybe my CPU is faulty, is it possible that at some random time CPU just goes "derp" and crash itself?

Last edited:
Solution
Windows 10 Pro 2004, bios F21 but I can see that there is a new bios released 08.28 so I will try this one.
What should I do with USB installer? Reinstall it again or do some troubleshooting?
About RAM, I have turn on XMP Level 1, and will see if frequency of crashes will change somehow.

EDIT
I have changed RAM to some kingstone hyperx, and crashes still continue.

EDIT
I have changed GPU to GTX 1660 super and crashes still continue

EDIT

It was hardware problem with CPU

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Might want to recreate your bootable USB installer for the OS using Windows Media Creation Tools. Mind running us by the BIOS version for your motherboard?

See if you can manually input the timings for the ram as well as the frequency and voltage in BIOS(for rams as well) and see if the issue is averted.

Aug 31, 2020
Windows 10 Pro 2004, bios F21 but I can see that there is a new bios released 08.28 so I will try this one.
What should I do with USB installer? Reinstall it again or do some troubleshooting?
About RAM, I have turn on XMP Level 1, and will see if frequency of crashes will change somehow.

EDIT
I have changed RAM to some kingstone hyperx, and crashes still continue.

EDIT
I have changed GPU to GTX 1660 super and crashes still continue

EDIT

It was hardware problem with CPU

Last edited:
Solution