Question random crashing/freezing sometimes with loud buzzing sound

destra

Prominent
Jun 7, 2021
I managed to somewhat fix the issue (or at least I thought so) so I closed most of my threads, but the crashing has returned, so I'm forced to search for help again...
Summary of the problem I have for a few months now: PC will randomly crash (hard freeze forcing me hard restart) every once in a while. I can somewhat reproduce the issue (it mostly happens in Starcraft 2 or its editor) but the freezing will happen also in other games, while browsing internet or even on idle. It crashed 3-4 times during system boot and 1 time in BIOS. It will display random color and half of the times do a loud TRRRRR for few seconds. I have been unsuccessful with resolving the issue.
Steps I have taken so far during process of troubleshooting:
  • Updated windows, drivers and every piece of software I have
  • Reinstalled Windows
  • Rolled back to older drivers, older adrenaline versions, tried many, many versions and combinations of drivers every time deleting previous ones with DDU or AMD cleanup
  • Checked if my RAM is on QVL list, it wasn't, so I bought a new one that is.
  • Verified games files.
  • Ran various stress tests for CPU, GPU, RAM.
  • Reset, tweaked, changed nearly EVERY SINGLE option in Ryzen master, amd radeon settings, BIOS.
  • Checked/cleaned every cable and piece of hardware I have.
  • Limit PC to use only 1 Pstates, disabled other 7 and enabled relaxed throttling
  • Tried every possible configuration and combination of RAM possible
  • Asked for help on multiple forums, but unfortunately help Ive got was scarce and hardly helpful, with an exception of one fine gentleman who was assisting me for few days trying to help me with the issue, but still the problem persists.
  • Wrote a ticket to AMD but they haven't respond yet.
  • Read every simillar post there is, tried every suggested fix, didn't help.
  • Many others that I already forgot.
Freezing/crashing is random, very random, could not happen for 3 days, but could also happen every 20 mins in its worst times. I had a simillar problem few years ago, which I managed to fix, the last step I took that time was forcing Vsync to always ON in radeon settings, and the issue was gone for ~2 years.
Most of the freezes happen while I'm in starcraft 2 menu, game or its massive editor. My girlfriend sometimes plays games on my PC and lately I didn't notice the PC crashing while she plays her game, when it was often crashing in my game. Her game has Vsync on, so I also turned Vsync on in my game and also tried to force vsync to be always ON, but it still crashes.
I am so exhausted with the issue that I am no longer able to say what seems to be the pattern, reason or frequency of the problem or whats really important, so I'm throwing here everything I observed.
ATM I'm not OCing anything, PC, RAM, GPU and BIOS run at basic settings, crashing isn't as intense and frequent as sometimes, but it ain't letting up.

My stuff:
Win 10 Pro 64 freshly installed
Ryzen 5 2400G with Vega 11
RX 570 8gb OC
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3
Patriot Viper 2x8gb 3200mhz which is on QVL (I also have Corsair vengeance LPX 2x8gb and 2x4gb, but it was also crashing).
Evga 600 W1

Patriot RAM is brand new, other stuff are about 3 years old, I have checked every hardware for damage or shorts, but didn't find anything.
The only thing that stopped working during those 3 years is the Case Fan settings slider, which doesn't allow me to turn the 3 front fans no matter how I connect them, but it doesn't seem to matter as the separate CPU and GPU fans work as intended and my temperatures are low and stable.

I have tried every idea I can come up with in this and future life, and I don't know what else to do anymore. Thank you for any help. Feel free to ask in case I skipped something.

destra

Prominent
Jun 7, 2021
Have you tried running your RAM at 2933MHz? The Ryzen 5 2400G only officially supports speeds "up to 2933MHz".
Have you updated your Radeon graphics card drivers from AMD support using "Auto-Detect and Install"?
Which BIOS version is your motherboard using?
Yes, tried both basic and xmp speeds, and yes, tried many versions of adrenaline with drivers/drivers only. Doesnt seem to have much impact.
F50d - latest. Freezes were happening on F23d (previous) as well.

destra

Prominent
Jun 7, 2021
In your parts list you did not list any SSD's or HDD's. Have you tested the health of all your drives?
Do you have any other peripherals plugged into your PC?
Yes, I have an SSD and HDD, yesterday I checked their health and both are at 100% health and 1000+ days of expected remaining lifetime.
No, nothing else except keyboard and mouse via USB, but I already checked USB sockets too.

Yes, I have an SSD and HDD, yesterday I checked their health and both are at 100% health and 1000+ days of expected remaining lifetime.
No, nothing else except keyboard and mouse via USB, but I already checked USB sockets too.
I am not sure what else you can check. The "crashing/freezing with loud buzzing sound" you describe sounds like a driver issue to me, rather than any hardware problem. I would wait for AMD to respond to your ticket, and/or contact Gigabyte Technical Support on your motherboards support page, to see if they have any idea what may be causing the problem.

destra

Prominent
Jun 7, 2021
I am not sure what else you can check. The "crashing/freezing with loud buzzing sound" you describe sounds like a driver issue to me, rather than any hardware problem. I would wait for AMD to respond to your ticket, and/or contact Gigabyte Technical Support on your motherboards support page, to see if they have any idea what may be causing the problem.
Yeah the AMD wrote back basically saying nothing and giving me a link to a warranty form.
If buzzing sound occurs, it is from speakers and only for a second or two, Its not coming from a psu or hardware.
Also my system froze at bios today, freezing occurs at purely random times, so my guess Is still hardware but I checked literally everything and the only options left seem to be replacing mobo/cpu which are pretty big steps that also don't guarantee fixing the issue.
So tired of this.