Question Random crashing on all games.

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
This has been a problem at one point, but only with FFXIV, bit I fixed it by switching to DirectX 9.

This has been happening a lot more recently, for no reason. First thing that happens is my second monitor will go black, then give or take 30 seconds later, my game will crash, and just completely close. No freezing nothing, it's like a clean Alt+F4. I have tried clearing up more ram when I launch the game (closing Chrome) but nothing. I cleaned out all my temp files, tried to clear up as much ram as possible, restarted my PC multiple times, updated drivers; but still nothing. This happens with pretty much any game. Rage 2, Exanima, Pillars of Eternity 2, Mordhau. This only started happening last week.

CPU: Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00 gHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H170-Gaming 3
Ram: 16 GB
SSD/HDD: Intel 200GB SSD, 2x Samsung 500GB SSD
GPU: Titan X Hybrid
PSU: Cougar RS 750W
Chassis: CoolerMaster Storm Scout

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Any Windows updates or device updates that you have done prior to the crashing?
No updates were done prior, but I tried updating the gpu and no changes. Maybe a windows update was done without me knowing. On a side note though, I noticed that somehow 30% of my RAM is being used constantly, Chrome being the biggest consumer with 837 MB.

mtracy1991

Reputable
No updates were done prior, but I tried updating the gpu and no changes. Maybe a windows update was done without me knowing. On a side note though, I noticed that somehow 30% of my RAM is being used constantly, Chrome being the biggest consumer with 837 MB.

Run the memtest application and just double-check your RAM for now.
Also, does it crash when you're on the Desktop?

Try running malwarebytes since 30% of RAM is being used. Also,

Open up Event Viewer and select the systems tab and see if you can match the error with a crash time so we can figure out what the issue is here.

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Run the memtest application and just double-check your RAM for now.
Also, does it crash when you're on the Desktop?

Try running malwarebytes since 30% of RAM is being used. Also,

Open up Event Viewer and select the systems tab and see if you can match the error with a crash time so we can figure out what the issue is here.

Well turns out my graphics card was giving out. It just died and my monitors stay black unless I plug them into my motherboard. RIP Titan X.

TRENDING THREADS