[SOLVED] Random crashing only when gaming

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Been happening irregularly but infuriating when it does, playing Wildlands and randomly the screen freezes, my windows wallpaper cuts up on 2nd screen and goes half blank then game boots me out and system needs to be restarted.

Spec
Ryzen 5 2600 OC to 4GHz 1.325v
16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz (XMP Profile 2)
MSI B450M Mortar
MSI GTX 1070 Armor GPU
WD Blue 250Gb NVMe SSD
Toshiba 2Tb HDD
EVGA G3 550W Gold PSU

Its only just started doing this. Afterburner had GPU at 67°C and Command Centre had CPU at 58°C with system at 62°C when the crash happened approx 50 mins into session.

Up until that point, I was getting smooth 90-95 FPS with seemingly no issues.

Any suggestions?

Solution
First, do a clean reinstall of your GPU drivers.

Second, is the GPU overclocked in any way? If it keeps happening after driver reinstall, you could try lowering clocks. It could be GPU error, possibly ram or drive but I'd bet GPU is having difficulties. If you can't narrow anything down and bought your GPU new (hopefully not a used mining card!) then a warranty could be possible.

Also yes, as the above poster said, you should try everything at stock speeds to see if it keeps happening.

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
First, do a clean reinstall of your GPU drivers.

Second, is the GPU overclocked in any way? If it keeps happening after driver reinstall, you could try lowering clocks. It could be GPU error, possibly ram or drive but I'd bet GPU is having difficulties. If you can't narrow anything down and bought your GPU new (hopefully not a used mining card!) then a warranty could be possible.

Also yes, as the above poster said, you should try everything at stock speeds to see if it keeps happening.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS