[SOLVED] Random crossfire

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hello everyone, I’m working on a little project of making a really cheap pc. Is there any cheap GPUs for about $10-15 each that I can be crossfire to get about 30-40 frames in modern games? Thanks to everyone in advance.

Solution
Dang, can’t even run at like 720p? Okay then. I’ll do some more research, but thanks for your help!

The cheapest you're likely going to find something actually worth buying, even to play modern games at 720p, is probably a used 750 Ti. You can find them used at $40-$60 generally speaking, but even that's used (so no warranty) and nearing being obsolete.

Also, as noted above, trash the Crossfire idea. Until you get to the very high-end and are willing to spend money grossly inefficiently, multi-GPU solutions aren't really a thing in 2019.

Wolfshadw

Titan
More and more modern games are dropping support for multi-GPU set ups.
More than likely, any Crossfire capable card in that price range is either so old / broken that they're not going to work in modern games.
As always with multi-GPU setups, a single, stronger card is going to be the better option.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Insane Potatoz

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
More and more modern games are dropping support for multi-GPU set ups.
More than likely, any Crossfire capable card in that price range is either so old / broken that they're not going to work in modern games.
As always with multi-GPU setups, a single, stronger card is going to be the better option.

-Wolf sends
Okay. Do you have any recommendations for a $15-25 card that will run some games pretty well. If they’re from eBay that would be fine too. Thanks

DSzymborski

Titan
Dang, can’t even run at like 720p? Okay then. I’ll do some more research, but thanks for your help!

The cheapest you're likely going to find something actually worth buying, even to play modern games at 720p, is probably a used 750 Ti. You can find them used at $40-$60 generally speaking, but even that's used (so no warranty) and nearing being obsolete.

Also, as noted above, trash the Crossfire idea. Until you get to the very high-end and are willing to spend money grossly inefficiently, multi-GPU solutions aren't really a thing in 2019.

Reactions: Insane Potatoz
Solution