Question Random disconnections. Ethernet, ISP, Motherboard, or Software issue?

Jun 16, 2019
Hello.
I recently got my first pc built and soon it's started to have a weird problem: It randomly disconnects from the net for a few seconds. about 5-10 I'd say, and reconnects. Normally, that's not an issue but during gaming it's a real pain. I've tried a few things which I'll elaborate.
  1. I updated my drivers. I only updated my motherboard's (ASUS H81M-E, Yes, It's used. Is that the issue? It had a one month warranty, I can still get it changed) network drivers, because the chipset requires a BIOS upgrade and I'm not sure I can do that right now.
  2. I uninstalled my antivirus, thought maybe it's interfering.
  3. I changed my ethernet cable.
  4. I went through my router's (ASUS RT-AC51U+) system log but I don't understand anything there even after googling. I can provide it if you need.
  5. I contacted my ISP.
  6. The latest thing I've done has put some light on the subject. Not much, but some light.
I opened Event Viewer and immediately noticed some warnings. The regular pattern is, there's three warnings in a row. The last two tell me how windows update or some other windows software isn't connected to the internet but the last one is always:
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1.
I've tried settings windows driver foundation to auto start but I can't find it in Services. Opening Device Manager doesn't show any yellow warnings on any device.
So, I scrolled down Event Viewer to the day I first noticed the problem and the same pattern is there. That one driver warning is always there, and a few seconds following that warning, the warnings about Windows Update and Network List Manager show up. The time between the driver warning and the network ones is around 8-10 seconds. I'm still not 100% certain if that's what's causing the issue, but I do think it might be part of it.
Now, a few observations I've also seen.
Prior to changing my ethernet cable I would move my pc to a certain angle, and it would seem to lessen the issue. I'm still not sure if it DID lessen it, but I do think it seemed like it.
Another observation is that at night the disconnections seem to be less than during the rest of the day.
Sometimes, the connection will stay stable for a while, and suddenly I'll have several disconnections all of a sudden. The normal gap between them is, I'd say, about 20-30 minutes.
Any, Any help will be appreciated. Please. Thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS