[SOLVED] Random disconnections with powerline adapter (TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter)

TeslaStormX

Honorable
Jul 6, 2016
I'm having issues with my powerline adapter (specifically the TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter). I upgraded my powerline adapter because I was having the same issues with my older powerline adapter (both were TP products), but after a couple of months it started to drop randomly. I even moved the adapter and got worse performance when plugged closer to the router. I was thinking about buying another adapter from best buy, but I was wonder if its common to deal with the disconnection and if there's any fix with this.

Solution
Does your new units and your old ones have the exact same dropout issues? If so, then it may be an issue with your power circuits and not the powerlines at all.
Apr 29, 2020
I'm having issues with my powerline adapter (specifically the TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter). I upgraded my powerline adapter because I was having the same issues with my older powerline adapter (both were TP products), but after a couple of months it started to drop randomly. I even moved the adapter and got worse performance when plugged closer to the router. I was thinking about buying another adapter from best buy, but I was wonder if its common to deal with the disconnection and if there's any fix with this.

Have you tried the utility at all to see what the actual speeds are between the two adapters? You can download it right from TP-Links website, tpPLC_Utility_Windows .

Reactions: TeslaStormX

TeslaStormX

Honorable
Jul 6, 2016
Sorry for responding this late, but I figured out that it was my router (ISP) that was causing the issue. I have other powerline adapters connected to it and working perfectly fine. My apologies for submitting this thread.