Question Random disconnects but internet is working just fine

Sk1nx

Reputable
Apr 26, 2019
Hi all,

for the last 12 months Ive been having disconnecting issues. For example when I play League of Legends, I get random error message saying "attempting to reconnect". The thing is, my internet is working fine in the very moment I get the message. For example, I am calling with my friends on a discord server and playing League with them. All of a sudden I get disconnect on a League but discord keeps working fine. Sometimes Discord does the same as League, but never simultaniously.

Then there is this program called Team Speak 3 which Ive been using daily for last 6 years +-. Its used for voice communication with your friends/teammates etc, pretty much same as discord. I get these disconnects on a daily basis, sometimes once per day, sometimes 8 times a day. Funny thing is that whenever I get disconnect from a specific teamspeak 3 server, I can still connect to other teamspeak 3 servers. All I have to do to make TS3 work again is a simple restart. Kinda annoying but not a big deal..

BUT since Saturday morning, I cant connect to this specific teamspeak server at all, getting the same error message that I use to get when it crashes. Any other teamspeak 3 is working just fine. My friends told me that this specific TS3 server is working for them thus the issue must be on my side. Ive read few posts about this teamspeak 3 error and everytime they came to the same conclusion, mentioning something about DNS and that tts the fault on the users end/provider, not the teamspeak's.

So I called my ISP and everything is fine on their end. Whenever I get disconnected from random teamspeak 3 server, all others PC in my home get disconnected as well..

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What's your pc specs?

Try,

Reinstall network drivers

Try another network port on computer if have multiple

Try another network cable/ and different router port

Reboot routet

Update router's firmware

Check computer's firewall settings / try turning it off

Sk1nx

Reputable
Apr 26, 2019
What's your pc specs?

Try,

Reinstall network drivers

Try another network port on computer if have multiple

Try another network cable/ and different router port

Reboot routet

Update router's firmware

Check computer's firewall settings / try turning it off

I get the disconnects on all my devices. I reinstalled my network drivers and windows like 3 times in last 12 months.. Router is the newest TP Link Archer series with updated firmware.

Already tried the firewall..

The issues happen even on wifi..

The thing is that my internet went down on Saturday (on provider's end) and since that day I cant connect to this specific teamspeak server. This issue has happened at least 2 more times where I couldnt connect to this specific teamspeak 3 server until my internet crashed again (on provider's end) and it somehow fixed itself.

I am used to get these random disconnects even tho internet is working but not being able to connect to this server annoys me..

edit: specs are

cpu AMD FX 6300
gpu AMD R9 290
ram 2x4GB some kind of hyperx
mobo MSI 970 GAMING
new Burst SSD 120GB
new WD BLUE 1TB

Last edited: