Question Random Disconnects with Archer C9

Rainzord

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2014
Hi guys. I recently bought an Archer C9 (TP-Link) due to it's good recommendations and reviews.

I'm using a modem/router as a bridge - Dlink 6740U, and a dedicated Router setup.

Previously, I had used a TP Link TL WR542G as my dedicated router, which worked fine, but it was pretty old so I decided to replace it with the Archer C9 to have better wireless.

Now, when I switched to my Archer C9, I randomly get disconnects of my internet, which is really annoying. It's like when it happens, that connection gets very unstable, and the "DSL" light on my Modem shuts off., and my internet light in my C9 gets turned into red/orange (from blue) - obviously since my internet connection was lost.
Then, my "DSL" light on my modem starts connecting again (blinking like 15-20 times until its connected and has constant green light).
This happens like after playing 30-60 minutes, then when it starts it goes on like that every 5-10 minutes.

I tried calling my ISP - they told me the line is fine, and something in my equipment is causing this. I checked everything I could, and I have no idea what's causing this!

Note - my 2G wireless is on, but no device is using it (and it shouldn't cause my DSL to lose connection).

When I reconnected my old TPLink WR542G back, this phenomenon stopped!

So my question is - what could be causing my Archer C9 to have my DSL get disconnected randomly after 30-60 minutes of playing (though sometimes it starts randomly)?

This is crucial to me since I play online games and it's killing my experience.

Please halp!

Last edited:

Rainzord

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2014
BTW, I also tried upgrading to the latest firmware (and I do have it). The problem still continues.

Also, correction to main post - after like 30-60 minutes of smooth gameplay, then its starting to lose connectivity and disconnects me. After the first disconnect, it keeps doing it repeatedly every several minutes unless I reboot both of them.

ma33709

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
I have 2 of these C7's one does the same thing.. completely looses internet !!! but.. I CAN MAINTAIN THE WEB ADMINISTRATION to it why??? and it will not go to the internet!. The Diagnostic is horrible . For instance i get 100% packet loss using the ping to actually ping ip address' on the internet ON EITHER ONE. I can ping items on the local network. Then for a half hour or so it works fine. Then intermitten slwo downs, I also upgraded to the latest firmware .. No change and rebooting gives a short relief.. Did you ever get this resolved?