[SOLVED] Random dots start showing up on screen after 5 minutes then game crashes

a12d

Prominent
May 29, 2019
Hey, I just today started getting errors on my laptop with RTX 2070 and i7 8750h 16 gb ram. Powerspec 1720 exact model. I started my laptop and opened CS:GO which was working perfectly up until yesterday and today when i loaded it up it was working great for 5-10 minutes after which my GPU started going 100% which it never did ever it started stuttering, I started seeing random coloured pixels on screen and it crashing eventually after i end tasked out of it Desktop Window Manager started pulling 100% GPU out of no where then i had to force shut down. After that my browser and everything seems to be working fine. I tried restoring my laptop to a older point but that didn't help either. I am really freaking out any help would be much much appreciated. Edit: after that when i load it it works fine for 5-10 minutes then i start getting wierd pixels and texture glitches and what not then the same happens 100% gpu usage and crashes. Here is a video which I made after I reset my windows completely.
View: https://youtu.be/S6lYrjGtYfY

Also few minutes after the above video this happens
View: https://youtu.be/AdVM_zFbiVA

Solution
Alright I would try that today but overheating is not what is causing this I am sure because temperatures have been 55 on GPU and 74 on cpu. What hardware you think is carrying the problem ?yesterday I opened laptop cleaned it up and one wierd thing I noticed is that in my GPU usage when browsing internet everything is stable and almost 0% use which it should be but the 3d graph seems to be very unstable and reaches 20% while browsing internet and watching videos in 360p. Finally i am mostly thinking that the GPU is faulty are there replacements for laptop GPUs?

Most laptop video cards are soldered to the motherboard, image issues is usually an issue with the video card but could be RAM. Try setting the system to use the...
This is often a heat issue if the hardware is not just simply failing. Open the system, clean it out, apply new thermal paste to the heatsinks, see how it runs after that. You can try to use something like MSI Afterburner to lower the clock speeds a bit and see if that makes it stable.

a12d

Prominent
May 29, 2019
This is often a heat issue if the hardware is not just simply failing. Open the system, clean it out, apply new thermal paste to the heatsinks, see how it runs after that. You can try to use something like MSI Afterburner to lower the clock speeds a bit and see if that makes it stable.
Alright I would try that today but overheating is not what is causing this I am sure because temperatures have been 55 on GPU and 74 on cpu. What hardware you think is carrying the problem ?yesterday I opened laptop cleaned it up and one wierd thing I noticed is that in my GPU usage when browsing internet everything is stable and almost 0% use which it should be but the 3d graph seems to be very unstable and reaches 20% while browsing internet and watching videos in 360p. Finally i am mostly thinking that the GPU is faulty are there replacements for laptop GPUs?

Most laptop video cards are soldered to the motherboard, image issues is usually an issue with the video card but could be RAM. Try setting the system to use the onboard video and see if the issue goes away. You can try a clean Windows setup with new drivers from the laptop vendor also before you put it down to failing hardware.

Solution

a12d

Prominent
May 29, 2019
Most laptop video cards are soldered to the motherboard, image issues is usually an issue with the video card but could be RAM. Try setting the system to use the onboard video and see if the issue goes away. You can try a clean Windows setup with new drivers from the laptop vendor also before you put it down to failing hardware.
Yeah after resetting windows couple of times and going through a lot of bugs now laptop works except the GPU has completely vanished from everywhere quite the unfortunate. Update: today when i booted up my laptop my GPU suddenly came back very weird. It had the same problems high 3D usage in task manager whilst performing basic tasks like moving programs by dragging them around and after a while it again started bailing out. I also seem to be getting green lines everywhere sometimes when i boot up my pc they stay on screen and move as a i move my cursor pretty weird stuff. Although i am thinking to seek professional help to see if that helps. You guys feel free to give me suggestion i will try them all.