Question Random drops in FPS and stuttering OS are caused by the GPU ?

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
My specs are

GPU: gtx 1060 3gb
CPU: ryzen 5 5600x
RAM: 4x8gb 3200mhz
MB: MSI B450M Mortar Max
PSU: MSI MPG A750GF 750Watt

So this has been happening quite a while where at random times after booting up the PC for a while my fps in every game would drop to single digits or in the 10s and would stay that way until I do a reboot.

Now I've been troubleshooting everything and have come to the conclusion that it's most likely a problem on the GPU, I say that because after monitoring my CPU and GPU with GPU-Z everytime the stutter/drop happens the readings on my GPU on GPU-Z would just be blank

well after finding this im not really sure what exactly the problem with the GPU is, fyi the GPU does have a slight sag but i wouldn't think that was the problem
also the "fixes" i've tried are updating to the latest drivers, did a fresh install of windows, reinstalled drivers with DDU

edit: forgot to mention that whenever thees drops happen the DWM.exe (Desktop Windows Manager) GPU usage would spike close to 100% every now and then and cause microfreezes on the OS

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Try turning your pc on its side so that the gpu is in the upright position. (with the pc unplugged from power source) Then reseat the gpu while the pc is in that position. Power up your pc and try a game. See if anything changes.
I reseated it, turned it upright again, still happening. Would it be safe if I tried to use the pc while the case is on it's side?
just to really confirm whether the sagging is the problem or not