Question Random executable that shows in task manager

bz3426

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
So I have had ram issues randomly out of the blue and was considering what the fault could be after having this randomly and no issues beforehand. When I randomly checked task manager through an antivirus software known as Advanced SystemCare, it showed this random thing known as Unpacker which took 2.03GB of RAM. What is this and how do I deal with this?

kanewolf

Titan
So I have had ram issues randomly out of the blue and was considering what the fault could be after having this randomly and no issues beforehand. When I randomly checked task manager through an antivirus software known as Advanced SystemCare, it showed this random thing known as Unpacker which took 2.03GB of RAM. What is this and how do I deal with this?
There is software that is like 7zip called "unpacker" Unknown if that is what you have. Start by following the path that the executable is in and looking at file properties. For example -- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/unpacker/9wzdncrdq97t?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

aden.anderson2001

Reputable
Aug 26, 2018
Check your system with HitmanPro and Gridinsoft anti malware. Look at the details of that file to see the exe program behind it and look for details tab in properties of that exe file. Then search for the file in internet to see what the actual signature and information of that file is supposed to be. If it's a virus, go futher with the removal process in safe mode. if not, then after you figure out what program its related to, uninstall the program and install an alternative program instead of that.

bz3426

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
So I wrote it wrong sorry. I have this software called Advanced System Care which acts like task manager pretty much. Randomly when im playing a game it will become extremely laggy randomly due to low ram allocation and when i check the software, a random software called Unpacker shows with the memory of 2.03gb. If i open windows task manager, it instantly closes as if its hiding from it. What is this "unpacker"? In google it says how this unpacker should only be up to 17mb but mine is 2.03gb