Question Random flickering lines whilst gaming ?

Jul 7, 2021
So yesterday my pc started outputting random lines onto my screen while i was playing fortnite. Had a few small rendering issues in past with my pc in the past eg grass on fortnite flickering, but all these problems went away in less than a day. I’ve tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers, reinstalling windows, taking out the gpu and putting it back in. Nothing seems to work. I have sort have ruled out the monitor or any other parts as the problem. (Random lines are only on programs using the gpu eg any game, google chrome, discord)

My computer has

AMD r5 3600
MSI a520 wifi vector mATX
32 gigs of hyperx rgb ram
1tb crucial p1 NVME SSd
gigabyte gaming oc 2070 super
corsair 650 watt psu
cooler master mb311 mATX case

monitor is AOC 32g2e 165hz 1080p

I built the pc in november last year and has seen little to no problems previously.

All parts are under warranty, but i am not sure if parts are the issue (may be software).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair is the brand of the unit while 650W is the wattage, we're going to need to know the model of the unit to identify which series it comes from. How old is the PSU in your build(6 months)? Might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. If you have a number of BIOS versions until you reach the latest, gradually work your way to the latest.

Following that, make sure your OS is up to date. Source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU, reboot, then manually reinstall the GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jul 7, 2021
Jul 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair is the brand of the unit while 650W is the wattage, we're going to need to know the model of the unit to identify which series it comes from. How old is the PSU in your build(6 months)? Might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. If you have a number of BIOS versions until you reach the latest, gradually work your way to the latest.

Following that, make sure your OS is up to date. Source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU, reboot, then manually reinstall the GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

My mistake, i built the pc on the 26 of march actually, however the gpu arrived in september ish and was sitting around since (which i don’t know if that has any relation to this issue.) I’ve tried DDU already and manually reinstalling drivers, which cleared up some of the lines but then reappeared moments later. All of my parts should still be under warranty and i may have to resort to exchanging part. My power supply is as old as the rest of the parts, maybe 2-3 months old and it is a CX650M.

See attached file for images
View: https://imgur.com/a/TakrsNM