Question Random fps drop even undervolted

Aug 31, 2020
got a random fps drop while gaming and it appears randomly i've been changing the thermal paste and it ran at 60 degree celcius up to 75 max but like i said i got random fps drop out of nowhere from 100-ish to 20-ish my laptop has been undervolted too, so anybody got idea what is actually happening? also all drivers is up to date

operating system:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Specs:
Intel i7 9750h
Geforce GTX1650 4gb
16gb ram
Lenovo Ideapad l340 gaming

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind walking us through how you undervolted the laptop's processor? Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the laptop. Then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall them using the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Aug 31, 2020
Is the RAM 2x8gb or 1x16gb? From a quick Google search I think it might be 1x16gb and if correct I expect this is the problem.
1x16gb but i was using this same setup for about 2 month and for no reason i got a fps drop i was expecting that this is a bios fault because recently theres an update and before the update it was running fine

Aug 31, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind walking us through how you undervolted the laptop's processor? Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the laptop. Then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall them using the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
it used to ran at -150mv and i got an error when using the ts bench then downgrade it to -130mv cpu core and-137mv cpu cache, i also undervolt the igpu a bit around -40mv it's running good no problemo. a couple of while ago i got a bios update and from that point it's running bad planning to revert it but its just doesn't feel right for me. currently trying your method and i'll give it a test for a couple days see if its fix it anyway thx the help really appreciate it and i'll keep u updated

it used to ran at -150mv and i got an error when using the ts bench then downgrade it to -130mv cpu core and-137mv cpu cache, i also undervolt the igpu a bit around -40mv it's running good no problemo. a couple of while ago i got a bios update and from that point it's running bad planning to revert it but its just doesn't feel right for me. currently trying your method and i'll give it a test for a couple days see if its fix it anyway thx the help really appreciate it and i'll keep u updated
Since the BIOS update are you sure the undervolt is still applied? I know with my Dell G5 all recent BIOS versions have locked out undervolting. This is common to all laptops as Intel released a security vulnerability fix that OEM’s are rolling out but it also stops undervolting. If I use a newer BIOS ThrottleStop says the undervolt has been applied but when checking using HWMonitor the offset is not applied. I have to use an older BIOS to get it to apply.

Single channel ram will impact performance and possibly cause stuttering in some games.

Aug 31, 2020
Since the BIOS update are you sure the undervolt is still applied? I know with my Dell G5 all recent BIOS versions have locked out undervolting. This is common to all laptops as Intel released a security vulnerability fix that OEM’s are rolling out but it also stops undervolting. If I use a newer BIOS ThrottleStop says the undervolt has been applied but when checking using HWMonitor the offset is not applied. I have to use an older BIOS to get it to apply.

Single channel ram will impact performance and possibly cause stuttering in some games.
yep the undervolt still applied i even tweak it a bit to see wether it'll give a different result or not turns out it doesn't

Aug 31, 2020
Update. done everything u told me to and the result still the same nothing feels right the only information i can get is a BD Prochot is always red after a couple of minutes doing gaming and stuff