[SOLVED] Random fps drop

Jan 9, 2021
So normally I would run Forza Horizon 4 on my pc all medium and high and get like 70-100 fps. 1 Day the game is all fine and I can play it and the next day I try playing and I would get like 60 fps to like 80 at most but as soon I as I started to accelerate the game insta drops to like 5 fps and I cant do anything. Nothing in my pc yas changed between thoses 2 days aprt from shutting it down the other night.

Ryzen 5 2600x 3.8Ghz 1.25 v
GTX 970 4GB MSI
MSI B450 Pro carbon gaming ac
16 GB ram 3000Mhz XMP enabled
and a 7200RPM HDD 1 TB

Solution
Oooh,. Also take you're OC off the CPU, and the GPU if you have that OC'ed too. Test again.

On a side note, why the all core OC to 3.8ghz? You will prob get better gaming results using PBO. Most 2600x's will tick along at 4.2 on the good cores on one CCX, and maybe slightly lower on the other CCX, possibly 4.1-4.2ghz. Compare some results. I think PBO might suit better for you.
Hey there,

Have you tried to restore Nvidia control panel settings to default (Global/per game). Perhaps you've changed a setting unknowingly.

All system drivers, including GPU up to date?

Do you use Geforce Experience by any chance? If so maybe just check the settings and ensure the game isn't 'optimized'. This can dramatically reduce your FPS if it puts settings too high (which can happen).

Reactions: Blu2021
Jan 9, 2021
Hey there,

Have you tried to restore Nvidia control panel settings to default (Global/per game). Perhaps you've changed a setting unknowingly.

All system drivers, including GPU up to date?

Do you use Geforce Experience by any chance? If so maybe just check the settings and ensure the game isn't 'optimized'. This can dramatically reduce your FPS if it puts settings too high (which can happen).
All drivers up date man, will make sure to check ur suggested optuons thx man

Oooh,. Also take you're OC off the CPU, and the GPU if you have that OC'ed too. Test again.

On a side note, why the all core OC to 3.8ghz? You will prob get better gaming results using PBO. Most 2600x's will tick along at 4.2 on the good cores on one CCX, and maybe slightly lower on the other CCX, possibly 4.1-4.2ghz. Compare some results. I think PBO might suit better for you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS