Question Random freeze at Windows start

zbamm0

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I will try to explain my situation briefly.
First problem,
when I start the PC it has high possibility to be frozen completely in the first 1 to 1.5 minute, it suddenly just stops working and no response from any kind of button clicks from keyboard or mouse, while monitor still shows the desktop. I have to restart it and then it is fine.

Second problem,
I play variety of the games along with my 3 top games Dota2,CSGO and Apex Legends. I also stream these games via OBS(6k bitrate, x264 fast, 1920x1080 sometimes 1600x900). This happens only in CSGO, when I start playing during the first 5 minutes it completely freezes randomly like the first problem, no response from the computer and I have to restart, once I restart the PC and start my stream&game etc, it doesnt freeze again. This is specifically CSGO problem, it never happens with other games.

My specs as follows:
  • x470 gaming pro carbon MSI motherboard
  • 2700x CPU, no manual overclock, cooled with h115i 280mm AIO
  • 2x8gb Gskill Flarex 1.35V CL14 3200mhz, works with XMP2 profile. Vsoc : 0.9875
  • G1 gaming gtx 980 GPU, no manual overclock.
  • 970 evo 500gb nvme ssd(where all the games are installed)
  • corsair rm750x (2018)
  • 2 monitors, 1 being 1920x1080(144hz), second 1680x1050.
  • rival 300 mice, hyperx alloy elite keyboard, steelseries arctis 7 headset.(I dont know these matter tho)

So this is happening for like 6 months already, I reinstalled windows but the problem still exists. There is no error code for me to follow and I have no idea what is failing.Bios and all drivers are up to date.
What do you think ? Is it software related issue or some part of my PC may be failing ?

zbamm0

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
I suggest starting with the easiest test first - using Memtest86+ to check if RAM is good or not (alternative is to get Ultimate Boot CD where Memtest86+ is one of many testing tool included).
Let it stay testing overnight.
I was giving RAM the lowest possibility of being the cause of this issue but I will do it tonight and leave it to test for 8 hours of memtest overnight.
Thanks for the suggestion.