Question Random freeze in few games

Jstevens5

Prominent
Jan 26, 2021
Hey Guys,

I've been randomly experiencing hard freezes for a few secs in League Of Legends, another game, Ready Or Not and god of war. I think it happens where's there is an action going on or and when something is about to happen in game. The graphics card was up to date yesterday until there was another update today, but I feel like that wouldn't be the case.

I've checked the windows update and it says this.
View: https://i.imgur.com/h4A2dcv.png

I've done a scan for windows, found corrupted files and successfully got repaired. Also done scan through malwarebytes and seems to be fine.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/50145644

CPU: i7-9700k
Motherboard: Z390-A Pro
Ram: 2 x 16gb Vengeance RGB Corsair
SSD/HDD: (SSD) Intel 760p Series NVMe PCIe M.2 128GB, (SSD) Crucial MX500 1TB & (HDD) WD Blue 1TB.
GPU: GeForce 1080 Ti
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Series 650W
Chassis: Deepcool MATREXX 55 ATX
Monitor: 2 x Acer KG251q 144Hz

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The problem with Userbenchmark specs listing is that they leave out the make and model of your PSU. For the sake of relevance, you're advised to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

while also including the age of the PSU(apart from it's make and model). If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS you're working with.

On a side note, are you able to get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely?

found corrupted files and successfully got repaired
That usually is a sign that your OS is corrupt.

Jstevens5

Prominent
Jan 26, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The problem with Userbenchmark specs listing is that they leave out the make and model of your PSU. For the sake of relevance, you're advised to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

while also including the age of the PSU(apart from it's make and model). If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS you're working with.

On a side note, are you able to get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely?

found corrupted files and successfully got repaired
That usually is a sign that your OS is corrupt.

Apologise for the late reply. Here is my full specs and I'll update the thread post too.

CPU: i7-9700k
Motherboard: Z390-A Pro
Ram: 2 x 16gb Vengeance RGB Corsair
SSD/HDD: (SSD) Intel 760p Series NVMe PCIe M.2 128GB, (SSD) Crucial MX500 1TB & (HDD) WD Blue 1TB.
GPU: GeForce 1080 Ti
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Series 650W
Chassis: Deepcool MATREXX 55 ATX
Monitor: 2 x Acer KG251q 144Hz

Cpu temperature - 42 degrees
Motherboard - 37 degrees
(From BIOS)

Yes I am able to remain in BIOS. I've done a complete DDU, upgrade repair of windows 10 (No more errors in the window update), Memory diagnostic scan (No errors).
Hard feezes for 1-2 secs when an action is about to happen or has just started.

Yesterday I've got a blue screen crash saying, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL dxgmms2.sys has failed so after I've done that, that's when I've done a full DDU.

Also I play GTA (FiveM) a lot compare to other games and GTA no issues at all with freezing (except for fps drops due to large amount of players and shaders pack).

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS