Question Random Freezes and Shutdowns

abdullahsaf5

Commendable
Jan 7, 2018
So I have a hp pavilion g6, Its starting to have completely random shutdowns and freezes, it will shutdown randomly while playing a video, and sometimes it freezes and refuses to respond and i have force it to shutdown by holding the power button. The weird thing is than my laptop starts back up in less than 30 seconds, which shouldn't be happening with a 5400rpm 250gb hard drive.
I have no idea what seems to be the issue. The laptop is very old, around 6.5 years old, something could be breaking down. I know its not an overheating problem as i always keep an eye on my tempratures and they are always in the high 40s to low 50s
Specs:
I5 2430m
Hd 3000
4gb ram
250gb hard drive (which was replaced 2 years ago)

Thanks for providing the model and specs. Nice to the point post while still detailed. :)

I would guess at an electrical or electronic failure on the main board, possibly an issue with the CPU or the chipset, more specifically. Freezes may be storage drive or memory, but the sudden shutdowns are unlikely to be caused by those. It's worth to try replacing both and test again if you can get your hands on spare memory and a drive, but if it continues to shutdown even then, I'd look at said board and CPU.

A local tech might be able to save/repair things, though I doubt the board or CPU would be terribly costly to replace altogether if it comes to it.

abdullahsaf5

Commendable
Jan 7, 2018
I am suspecting its the ram as that can cause both of these problems
However i will see if the problem continues and if it does i will take it to a local shop
Thanks for your reply!