Random Freezes Every So Often

bassybekx

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Ok so everynow and again my pc will be sitting idle and i'll come back open chrome or maybe even have it open already .. and all of a sudden it freezes for about 10-15secs .. dunno what the issue is .. but its annoying .. it does recover and start responding all by itself .. its when there is absolutely no load on the cpu or gpu or ram .. when im gaming or playing bf4 .. absolutely zero issues (except for them bloody snipers)

anyone any ideas .. gunna try maybe a slight over clock later to see if it helps ..

Solution

Sorts out my issue yeah. I just didn't see it as one. When your PC hangs try and listen to the case and check if you can hear a Harddrive spinning up or so

bassybekx

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
As it happens I have 4 ..

Kingston HyperX 240GB
2TB Wester Digital Desktop 7200rpm
500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200rpm
320GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue 7200rpm

The Seagate i think is starting to slow down .. its about 4 years old now maybe a little more

ZionZA

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Well go into power settings and set the drives so that they don't power down after a while of not being used. I have 4 drives in my PC as well and as it happens the system sometimes hangs a little when one of the drives power back up. I've noticed this while browsing. Maybe that sorts out the issue?

bassybekx

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
so its Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Setting > Advanced Power Options .. then select Hard Disk > Turn Disk off After: (set this to Never)

Did this sort out your issue?

ZionZA

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Sorts out my issue yeah. I just didn't see it as one. When your PC hangs try and listen to the case and check if you can hear a Harddrive spinning up or so

Solution