Question Random freezes, GPU Active

hildebranddj

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Been noting it happening more and more lately but i am having random freezes of the system, (Usually right after boot, but can randomly happen any time, even in safe mode) but I can still move the mouse, game music will still pay, just can't click on anything and the joystick is unresponsive. I have done sfc/scannow and it does not find any errors. Samsung Magician shows an update to firmware is needed but it fails every time. I have noticed Magician popping up at startup saying failure to scan drive on occasion. Drive is an 860 Pro 256GB. Nothing other than an Warning or 2 in the event viewer.

Just can be annoying as heck, playing something online, or on Skype, or even typing a document, and have to stop, walk away for 2-3 minutes, and everything is fine again..

hildebranddj

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Sorry for the late response. It was a Corsair Firmware issue I believe. One update made it far worse till I swapped to a USB 2.0 port then they came back less than a week later with another update for the K68. And after 1909 windows update, it hasn't frozen again. It was so oddly sporatic it was hard to duplicate constant. Thanks ?!!