Question Random freezes leading to restarts

Jan 11, 2022
Hello, not long ago my PC started randomly freezing and restarting afterwards. As far as I know there aren't any patterns, it does it while gaming or sometimes while browsing the net, so it doesn't always happen under load. My temps are good, the only thing I've changed probably a month ago is the graphics card, but it was well tested and everything was running perfectly fine with it. What could cause the issue?
My system specs:
Ryzen 5 1600x no OC - CPU
MSI 1070Ti no OC - GPU
2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz no OC - RAM
AB350M PRO 4 - MOBO
Kingston 240gb - SSD
WD Black 1tb - HDD
Corsair AX760 - PSU
Windows Ver. - 20H2; OS build 19042.1415
UPDATE - I just upgraded my windows ver. to 21H2, OS build 19044.1415. For some reason I have been in the windows insider program, now I've disabled the feature and updated to a stable windows version.
UPDATE 2 - After updating both the GPU drivers and OS version, the problem still persists.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022
It is very very very hard to tell the issue via the info you have given us, as for you dont have any more info to say too.

Please update your post including your :

Windows ver:
CPU:
PSU:
Motherboard:
I updated the post right away, as far as info goes I can't think of anything other than that at the moment.

Jan 11, 2022
I have the same problem as you have. I get the random restarts since november i think. Im using a Ryzen 5 as well. Sometimes the restart happened right after boot. Also after the restart occurs the boot is slower sometimes.

Jan 11, 2022
I have the same problem as you have. I get the random restarts since november i think. Im using a Ryzen 5 as well. Sometimes the restart happened right after boot. Also after the restart occurs the boot is slower sometimes.
I may have noticed a bit slower boots as well. I really hope the issue is something involving software. I want to install a fresh copy of windows but I am searching for a good deal on an NVME to upgrade so I'd like to use my computer till then.

Jan 11, 2022
I may have noticed a bit slower boots as well. I really hope the issue is something involving software. I want to install a fresh copy of windows but I am searching for a good deal on an NVME to upgrade so I'd like to use my computer till then.
I have installed a fresh version of windows and the problem is still there :( .