Random freezes, mainly when browsing.

Jadec

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
So lately I've been experiencing some random freezes, mainly when browsing. What happens is this: Lets say I'm watching a youtube video and I open up a new tab and then when I click on one of the tabs nothing happens but the youtube video keeps playing. No matter what I click on nothing happens. So what I'm forced to do is hit ctrl + alt + delete and open up taskmanager and that seems to fix it. And heres comes the strange part, when the freeze is over the mouse seems reversed, i.e. when i left click it right clicks instead. This goes away after just a few seconds. I've tried reinstalling windows but that didn't resolve it. I'm starting to suspect that it's due to my new gaiming mouse that I bought a few weeks ago. I never had any freezes prior to that purchase. And nothing shows up in the event log, which is strange. I've never had any freezes whilst gaming, only when browsing. I've tried both using chrome and IE but the same thing happens regardless.

Jadec

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
The laptop came with windows 8.1 installed so when I that I reinstalled windows I meant that I simple factory restored it, which is the same thing as reinstalling windows.