Question Random freezes on my system

Nov 12, 2021
Hello, some weeks ago my PC start to present a strange behavior. During regular use of applications, say the browser, it freezes out. The windows blue ring suddenly appears indicating that something is loading, but after some minutes it's clear that the system freezed for some reason, although I can still click on the start bar icons, nothing else happens leaving me no other choice than turn the machine off and on in the power button. Apparently, this problem has a tendency to happens some minutes after I turn on the machine in the morning, but it happened a couple of times hours after the machine were turned on too.

Most of my setup is new (3 years or so), but my PSU and my HD are old (10 years or so), considering this, my main suspicion is that my HD are failing or something, but I would like to run some tests to confirm that. It happens that I downloaded a software called Crystal Disk Info and it states that my HD still good, not sure if I can trust this software though.

Anyway, I would like to know which tests I could run to shed a light on this problem before gets worst and start to make me lose more work...

Nov 12, 2021
full system spec?

OK, here it is:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 2600x
Moba - AsRock steel legend b450
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660ti
PSU - Corsair 500w
HD - WD blue 1TB
RAM - G.Skill Trident 16GB

No OC or anything, I just ran Bit Driver Updater and updated 2 drivers there (Realtek PCI and Nvidia High Definition Audio), not sure if they could cause problems.

Nov 12, 2021
Still happening.

It's funny, now that more days have passed I can confirm that the problem always happens after I turn on the PC in the morning. I don't know what to think, but after this first freeze and a manual reset, everything works normally....

Nov 12, 2021
freeze could be just from waiting on the hdd.
and don't use thing like Bit Driver Updater , you never know what they install/download

Well, I tried to wait some minutes, but nothing happens. I can't even open the task manager and things like that, the system freezes for good, only a manual reset works.

In the last couple of days, I just turn it on and let the system in the logon screen for 10 minutes or so, not sure if it's a coincidence, but when I do that, the system doesn't freeze. Looks like it takes some time to warm up or something lol

Is there any reliable and automated way to update my drivers as a whole?

Windows automatic update doesn't seems to catch the latest drivers for all of my hardware...

Nov 12, 2021
Check cpu/gpu temp?
might want to leave the performance monitor on and see what are the usage.

malware scan the system?

I wouldn't bother with the latest driver if the pc is working.

Thanks, I'll get a monitoring software and take a look then. I did the "10 minutes wait" all week and it didn't freeze once though.

I use Bitdefender and ran a scan around a week ago.