Gtx 750ti gpu
Xeon 3440 cpu
Wd 1 tb blue hardisk
240 gb samsung evo 870 SSD
Asus p7h55 mobo
Acer 1400x900 monitor
6gb 1333mhz ram
Corsair VS450 PSU

Since yesterday my pc completely freezes with a constant buzzing sound while playing games. The only way the pc starts working again is by unplugging the electric switch. This situation has occurred thrice since yesterday and is completely ruining my gaming experience. Peeps who have experienced this issue in past, please let me know the the way to troubleshoot this problem. Thanks in advance.

Edit: just want to add that the buzzing sound which occurs when pc is frozen is from the headphones and not from the physical pc cabinet.

Last edited:
Solution
Update: I just reinstalled a fresh copy of windows and the problem seems to be gone now. I think the issue was ram as the 2 gb stick was not showing in BIOS but after some cleaning of ram the problem seems to be gone now.

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? I'd try and replace the unit with something that's reliably built and has at least 550W of power for the entire system, borrowed from a friend or neighbor. You will also need to scope out the wiring in your house with the aid of a certified electrician to see if you have a grounding problem. How do you have 6GB's of ram on that build, 2+4? If so, please look at a proper dual channel kit, you're loosing performance there-too late for that now, huh?

heatmikepark2

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015
How old is the PSU in your build? I'd try and replace the unit with something that's reliably built and has at least 550W of power for the entire system, borrowed from a friend or neighbor. You will also need to scope out the wiring in your house with the aid of a certified electrician to see if you have a grounding problem. How do you have 6GB's of ram on that build, 2+4? If so, please look at a proper dual channel kit, you're loosing performance there-too late for that now, huh?

Finding another PSU might be difficult as a lockdown in under place. Is there any other way to check if the problem is PSU if so I'll look to replace the same. Another thing that the freeze only occurs while playing games and not during stress tests.

I'm looking to add either a 8gb or 4gb stick in place of the 2gb stick in sometime.

heatmikepark2

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015
How old is this Corsair VS? Lutfij asked the specific question for very specific reasons. It's only been in recent years that it was upgraded from awful to decent entry-level if you didn't need supplementary power.

Hi, my bad I missed that question. It has been three years since I have bought that PSU and haven't faced any problem since.

heatmikepark2

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015
Update: I just reinstalled a fresh copy of windows and the problem seems to be gone now. I think the issue was ram as the 2 gb stick was not showing in BIOS but after some cleaning of ram the problem seems to be gone now.

Solution