Random freezes with new build in windows 10

Nov 9, 2018
Hello, first time poster here.

I don't really know what to do anymore, i think ive tried everything i am capable of trying.

The problem is my computer just freezes with a really loud constant buzzing noice and i have to hold my power button down to restart it. Ive searched for the event viewer codes and tried a lot of stuff but it just doesnt help. Ive also ran WhoCrashed but im not 100% sure how it works. My computer just crashed (2018-11-09) but WhoCrashed can only recognize crashes for a week ago.

Im dying for help here, just upgraded my entire system and it just bums me out that i cant play for a whole day without crashes.

If anyone would be interested in helping me i can post more information about my build, my event viewer information etc. I would be really happy to solve this.

Thanks in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
First: locate and identify the source of the loud buzzing sound.

Second: do post your hardware, OS, and software specs.

Third: look in Reliabiltiy History and Event Viewer for additional error codes and warnings. Look for some pattern with respect to the crashes.

Nov 9, 2018
The sound is in my headphones, not from the hardware. Which leads me to believe my computer gets stuck in some sort of loop or something. I dont really know, just guessing.

Hardware:
CPU: i5-8600k
GPU: Msi GTX 1080ti Gaming (non x)
Motherboard: Asus Prime z370-a
Ram: Venge lpx 16gb 2133 mhz
PSU: EVGA supernova G2 750w
SSD: Samsung evo 850 250gb

My temps are fine overall, im checking with HWMonitor. CPU wont go above 60 C and GPU wont go above 72 C. Cpu volts are around 1.15, clock at 3.6 GHz.

The recurring Critical event in event viewer is Kernel-Power with Event-ID 41 and Task Category 63. Alongside that is a lot of information events and some errors. The errors are some application-specific permission errors. Those seems to occur a lot and i dont think they're related to the crashes directly.

Ive googled this problem A LOT, and ive tried a lot of solutions but none seem to work. The game crashes while playing black ops 4. But thats also the only game i play atm so i cant rule out other games. Ive ran memtest and i got 0 errors, i got them in the A1 and B1 slots as well. Im really clueless here, and it sucks.

Ralston18

Titan
Try the headphones in another audio port on your computer if possible.

Try the headphones on another computer if possible.

Try another set of headphones on your computer if possible.

Determine if the problem follows the headphones or stays with the computer.

Then try some other games or run multiple applications to see if the problem is related to the load on the system.

Open Resource Monitor and watch what your system is doing. Then slide the window to one side and play black ops4. Look for changes.

Do the same with a couple process of other games and multiple apps.

Hopefully the buzz will correspond with some noticeable condition within your system.

Nov 9, 2018
I'm pretty sure the problem isn't within the headphones. It freezes while using speakers as well (and damn, that noise can be loud). I did some small changes, disabled hibernation mode for example. It didn't crash for 2 days.

Now I've put in new RAMs (Corsair vengeance LPX 3000MHz), since my old ones weren't in the QVL, and were pretty slow for my new build. It hasn't frozen in the last 3 days. I'm actually not sure if those small changes were the source of the problem.

This problem has stayed with me through 2 different builds over the past 4-5 years, occasionally messing with me. The only 2 parts that I haven't swapped(since yesterday) was the RAMs and the PSU. Although I have ran memtest a few times, maybe they were the problem after all.

Nov 9, 2018
Maybe I've explained it in the wrong way. It's not really a buzzing sound out of nowhere, its more like it plays the last sound which was played on the computer before it froze, over and over like a constant loop. Say my computer dies while firing a weapon in cod, the sound just repeats that instance of the weapon sound in repeat, very loud.

Nov 9, 2018
I've googled every solution I could find. It hasnt crashed in 4 days, and i have no idea why it hasnt. I put the hibernation W10 hibernation mode off, thats the only thing i can remember. Im using both speakers and headphones and the problem has stuck with me for a long time.

Edit: Yeah, I've changed power plan to High performance and the "Turn off hard disk" to 0 seconds.

krutonious

Reputable
Jun 3, 2018
If your issue persists it could be related to the quality of the electricity being supplied to the PSU from your wall. If there are big fluctuations in the supply of current, this can affect the PSU when it needs to draw more power (like when you are playing a game). Basically, the PSU says I need this much power and the wall says, nope, we are on a low supply delivery right now and bam, crash (and these fluctuations can happen in milliseconds).
Older buildings/houses oftentimes have poor wiring which can cause these types of issues or sometimes it is just where in the world you live the electricity supply to your building isn't as constant/reliable as it needs to be.
If this is the case, a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) should solve your issue by keeping the power to the PSU constant even when it is fluctuating from its delivery.
Furthermore, UPSs allow you to change the wave length of the electricity it filters so that it is cleaner for the PSU thereby prolonging the life of your components.
Dirty electricity exists and is the bane of any avid gamer.