[SOLVED] Random freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zseven24

Commendable
Sep 4, 2017
I have i7-7700k not overclocked and getting 70-85° when gaming only dota 2, cs:go and the forest. Should i be worried with this temp? Im using nzxt cam to monitor temps.

Also, I noticed that im using 99% of gpu and 50% cpu sometimes and my pc freezes randomly when gaming. What do you think is the problem and what should i do about it?

Im only a casual gamer. I use this to render for architecture school works (Autocad, revit, sketch up, vray). As a completely computer noob, I choose i7-7700k because of its base frequency without knowing that "k" is for overclocking.

Specs:
i7-7700k
Cryorig M9i
Asus strix h270f gaming.
Galax GTX 1050ti EXOC White
Avexir Core Series 1x8gb DDR4 2400 RAm
1tb Seagate HDD
PSU: 600w 80+ Bronze
CASE: Gigabyte 3DAurora (from my very old computer)

Last edited by a moderator:

zseven24

Commendable
Sep 4, 2017

Yes. Im aware of that just after i bought it. The store that i bought my cpu from recommended me this as cooler and dont really know about anything so I go for this. Im still saving some money to get a good cooler. Im thinking of buying cryorig h7 quad lumi or IDCooling FrostFlow+ 240, Liquid AIO CPU Cooler.

For now, what are the alternative way/solution to lower my cpu temp and solve my problem before i get good cooler?
Is 70-85° cpu temp, 99% gpu, 50% cpu usage "okay" or bad?
What are the cause of random freeze when gaming?

zseven24

Commendable
Sep 4, 2017
Already found a solution. It turns out it is the airflow in my case. I added a fan on the upper corner in front (intake) and now, Im getting max 70. Thank for all the response tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.