Question Random Freezes

CConn882

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
So it may seem kind of silly to be asking this question after all this time, but about 6 years ago, I built a PC for the first time, and for the duration of my PC's life, I've had these unexplained random freezes.

It's hard to even describe exactly when they happen. They definitely occur the most when I first turn my computer on (I usually have it run 24/7), and they almost seem more likely to happen when I'm using an internet browser than when I'm doing something heavy-duty (like playing video games), and the only way to really tell it's starting to happen is my internet connection will go out (or at least my PC stops loading web pages).

I know that's all incredibly vague, but beyond that, I haven't a clue how to troubleshoot the issues.

If it was something that I could pin down like I have a bad motherboard or my processor is shot, or something like that, I'd be more than happy to update it, but I don't want to start buying pieces for my computer that might not even fix the problem.

If someone could point me in the right direction to even begin to troubleshoot this issue or narrow down exactly what could be causing it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

My PC info:
Processor: AMD FX-8350 4.00 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
System: x64 Windows 10 Home
Local Disc: 110 GB SSD
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 (MS-7693)

Other obvious questions:
Am I doing any kind of overclocking? No.

Did I scan for viruses, etc.? Yes.

Have I updated the BIOS? Yes.

Did I update all drivers? Yes.

Did I reinstall Windows? Yes.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS