Question Random freezes

bfu2018

Commendable
Dec 18, 2018
Greetings,

I'm having issues with laptop freezing at random times and it looks like I need some assistance. Windows 8.1 is the primary OS, no BSOD or crash, it just stops responding to any user input and only power switch restores it to working state. Even power switch sometimes doesn't respond, therefore I must wait till battery runs out. The issues have began arising after replacing dead fan and refixing the cooler. Since then I'm continually monitoring temperatuers and all seem in safe range, so any overheating isn't on cause most probably. Except it I have run complete tests by IPDT, MemTets86, BurnInTest and burn-in tests in Sisoft Sandra, and except the last tool all test suites finished with everything PASS result. I'm clueless here and need some input to move on. The deadlocks seem to occur mainly at times when there's no user activity with the laptop, ie. when it's standby (not at hibernation or asleep but standby), but I have also encountered weird behaviour during work few times, ending up in complete deadlock.

bfu2018

Commendable
Dec 18, 2018
Nothing of it for sure, enough free space is steady, no driver updates for months. The broken cooling and it's replacement should be the guide, because it was only what changed between the stable and freezing state. I'm suspecting it could be damaged component due the short period when the laptop was run without functional air condition, or something was done wrong during the replacement. The model no. is L50-A-19N from Toshiba if it matters. I would suppose damaged CPU/GPU then, but as I mentioned in first post more diag tools reported nothing wrong.