Random freezing, HDD light Completely off

FlaredPhoenix

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
So recently I bought a completely new Gaming rig but I've been having some problems with it. At what seems to be random intervals the computer will completely freeze in which the only way to stop it is by holding down the power button on the case. I noticed that the HDD light isn't on while the computer is frozen. I Don't know if this is because of the freeze or that its the other way round. It often crashes when playing games. Normally when playing games like Elite: Dangerous or the new Star Wars Battlefront Beta but it'll sometimes crash on stuff like watching twitch. I have my OS running on my SSD and my games off the HDD.

I've tried a lot of things to try and fix it such as:
Reinstalling the Ram
Completely rewiring the PC
Uninstalling the HHD to see if that changes it
Made my fans run at 100% to stop any chances of overheating

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix the issue?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
^-^

My PC specs:
RAM-16GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM
SSD-256GB Evo pro SSD
HDD-2TB seagate HDD 7200rpm
GPU-MSI 980 4GB (MSI NVIDIA GTX 980 GAMING 4G Twin Frozr V)
Motherboard-MSI gaming 7 Motherboard
CPU-I7-4790k
Case-Enthoo Luxe Case
PSU-Corsair RM750

FlaredPhoenix

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015

Yes although if I remember correctly it first happened around a week after getting the PC built.

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Before I would go into time-consuming activities of seeking out hardware problems, I'd first do this: Run Ccleaner's cleaner. Then run Ccleaner's registry fix (be sure to make a back-up of the current registry when Ccleaner prompts you). Then run Malwarebytes. None of this takes much time, and it might fix the problem. If this doesn't work, then we'll need to explore more time-consuming investigations.

FlaredPhoenix

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015

I've done what you said but the issue is still here T_T

FlaredPhoenix

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015

I've done both these things and unless if both the RAM sticks are buggered then I wouldn't say its the RAM. And nothing bad came up from the diagnostics tool. Any other suggestions?

Oct 16, 2020
I had the same issue, re installed operating system my hard disk is new in warranty replaced hard disk nothing same. Issue resolved after replacing the SMPS power supply of PC. The issue is that the power supply sometimes Due to high voltage gets damaged and it gives less power stopping the Hard disk intermittently.