Question Random freezing on desktop PC ?

Jun 25, 2021
Desktop randomly freezes every so often, at any point. Every test shows everything working properly, clearly its not, it freezes. I ran a separate, different memory test per suggestion, caught only a glimpse of "could not detect memory" or similar, box that came and went at the blink of an eye. Went into event viewer, think i found report, but couldnt make heads or tail out of it anyway. So was going to reseat the ram in this pc from hades just to make sure it was seated properly, as I replaced the HDD about a year ago, and now of course 1 of the 3 screws wont budge, to take apart, and of course stripping, cant put much pressure on, for obvious reason.

Sooo before I hammer, drill, beat out screw, is there anything I can do to have PC not recognize either module, to isolate and see if it works with either one not being recognized? Possible problems i could run into? Went into BIOS, and wasnt sure of what i was looking at, so quickly departed that option, until further help. Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Download and run HWINfo.
Make sure you enable the sensors and find the screen that shows the sensors.
Let it run while you use the machine and you get the freezes.
It doesn't crash when you get the freezes correct?
Then we want to look a the min and max voltages for 12, 5 and 3 in the MB section and the max CPU and GPU temps.

Jun 25, 2021
I have to do a hard shutdown to restart, but when it freezes, ex: I can see game still playing, or you can see youtube still playing until end of video, cursor froze, ctrl-alt-del doesn't bring up task manager? So I don't know if that's considered a crash or not? Also thanks for reply.

Jun 25, 2021
Two things....if you download it and run it....it may display an obvious problem right away...even before you get the freeze.

If it doesn't....then you set HWInfo to log the data to a file....and let it crash.

Then after it crashes...we can look at the file.

Many times....with what you are seeing....it's either a temp problem....or a power supply problem.

Okay, I'll run it when I get back later tonight, and give the results after, thanks again.

Jun 25, 2021
Two things....if you download it and run it....it may display an obvious problem right away...even before you get the freeze.

If it doesn't....then you set HWInfo to log the data to a file....and let it crash.

Then after it crashes...we can look at the file.

Many times....with what you are seeing....it's either a temp problem....or a power supply problem.

I ran HWinfo, it froze after about 5 min, the altcrldel did bring up task mngr, restarted, but clueless on how to find report? Thx

Yaspa

Prominent
May 3, 2020
I had similar problem, pc would freeze for no reason, after weeks of trying everysingle test and solution on the internet. It was my GPU, if you have one try to run with onboard graphics or borrow GPU