Random Freezing/Stuttering of PC

Oct 9, 2018
My PC randomly stutters at times.
I recently moved my old HDD with my windows 10 to my WD 250GB SSD I recently purchased, after a grueling process with EaseUS on copying all the data to the SSD, everything was smooth and easy, except the random stutters.
I attempted to do my research on what could be causing it, and most articles I kept coming across lead me to believe my new SSD has bad sectors, but after defragging all my partitions and file checking using both EaseUS and the built in file checking system on windows 10, the stutters consisted

My specs are as shown;
Mobo - MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition
CPU - AMD FX 8350 black edition
RAM - 2x4GB DDR3 from Patriot
PSU - EVGA 500B

I appreciate ANY help, thank you!

I would suggest that there were problems with the cloning process, possibly related to the creation of some of the hardware related secondary hidden partitions or boot process hardware tables. Could be a number of things really. I would recommend that you do a clean install of the operating system, and follow these directions EXACTLY as outlined.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-installation-windows.html

Testing couldn't hurt, even though it's a brand new drive. Wouldn't be the first time.

I'd suggest you download Seatools for Windows OR Western Digital Lifeguard tools. Both are the same for our purposes.

Run the Short DST (Drive self test) followed by the Long generic. Long test will take, well, a long time. Several hours. So don't be too impatient. If it goes more than five hours without any progress though, then something is wrong. If it fails either test, then I'd suggest contacting WD regarding an RMA.

Otherwise, if it passes both tests, I'd consider the clean install as I stated previously.

At the very least, I'd run both SFC Scannow and DISM, to make sure nothing is wrong or corrupted in Windows core files.

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

EP000001

Reputable
May 10, 2016
You may also consider that moving/cloning a drive from an old set of hardware to a new set poses many issues.

Issues such as any slight difference in hardware between the porting of the drive and windows drivers will stutter or not work correctly. Especially chipset drivers that include data bus controllers etc...

Pre installed Windows HDD's do not like being moved from one machine to another that contains different hardware.