Question Random freezing

jagzc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Hi All

I will try to be as descriptive as possible and thanks for any help.

I have a new build that's started freezing on me. This will happen when the pc is not under load. I can game for several hours without crash.
All my Temps are fine. CPU never goes over 40C even after 4hrs of gaming.(COD MW)
My GPU temps as all never over 65C also under load.

Symptoms of crash
My screen will turn to standby then my pc will freeze.
I was watching a film once then it crashed and the audio went so I know its a system crash.
I had to force a reboot but not all ways.

So I did a full reformat of the OS fresh download and install. now I did have a crash with the latest NV Driver so I rolled back and the crashing stopped.
3 days went by with no crash

But now it happened again. This is pointing to the GPU but I'm able to game without crashing.

So if anyone has any idea before I go the RMA on the hardware it would be most helpful.

In the event viewer, I'm getting
Event ID 6008 entries indicate that there was an unexpected shutdown. there is not much help on google for this error other then CPU overheating.
I have Ruled this out.

I have checked my PSU Voltage in the motherboard and they are stable at 12.016v

I'm also getting Event ID 10016 which I thought was the cause but after some investigation is normal.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows

I'm going to re-cable everything and make sure everything is plugged in correctly as I have moved it about.

No Overclock other than XMP.
All the part are brand new as of nov apart from my gpu that now 1.5 year old.

Specs
Intel i7 9700k 9th 3.66Hz
Gigabyte Aourus Z390 Master
Gigabyte 2080 RTX OC Windforce
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb 3000MHz
Corsair RM750x Fully Modular
Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 plus 500gb
SanDisk 1TB SSD Pro

Last edited:

jagzc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I’ll check again I might have got that wrong ( long night TS) but I know it wasn’t alarmingly high as it didn’t crash during game play

Last edited:

jagzc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Idel temps are 28c and loads were 65c. I unplugged all other USB devices and didn't have a crash over the weekend so I'm guessing PSU. I'm going to overload it with phones and other stuff and see if crashes.