[SOLVED] Random game crashes after installing new RAM ?

Nov 30, 2021
Hello, about a month and a half ago I purchased an extra 16 gb of ram for my system (same ram as before), and since installing I've been getting an increasingly frequent number of crashes which all show in event viewer the same error code (0xc0000005). Its starting to become a real issue, I ran a memtest64 and got 1 error.

Specs:
Windows 10 pro
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 3200Mhz 16gb x 2
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AM4
Gigabyte RTX 3070 8GB GAMING OC

Any help would be much appreciated!

Solution
Hi KingJardin (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Random game crashes can and will happen if you mix RAM as you have.
Even a single error with Memtest86 (My preferred RAM test) indicates a failure and the full kit of the DIMM with the error should be RMA.

Many have now come to realize that a single kit, the size you need at a frequency your MB and CPU support is best to avoid sudden shutdowns and random restarts.

RAM kits are binned after manufacture due to slight variations in Latency/Density.
Even mixing kits with exactly the same specs can mismatch.

Return what you have and get a single kit (2x16) at 3200Mhz with Samsung b-die, that are listed on the MB QVL and keep the others for spares.
Hi KingJardin (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Random game crashes can and will happen if you mix RAM as you have.
Even a single error with Memtest86 (My preferred RAM test) indicates a failure and the full kit of the DIMM with the error should be RMA.

Many have now come to realize that a single kit, the size you need at a frequency your MB and CPU support is best to avoid sudden shutdowns and random restarts.

RAM kits are binned after manufacture due to slight variations in Latency/Density.
Even mixing kits with exactly the same specs can mismatch.

Return what you have and get a single kit (2x16) at 3200Mhz with Samsung b-die, that are listed on the MB QVL and keep the others for spares.

Last edited:
Solution