Question Random Garbage Display?

Oct 11, 2021
Hi! So yesterday while watching some Netflix after like 3-4 hours of gaming, my screen just suddenly started flickering. When I say flickering I don't mean the monitor turns on and off. It's on all the time it's just that the brightness is constantly changing non-stop. I recorded this but when I looked at the recording from my phone, the flickering wasn't there so I ruled out the GPU and just thought the monitor was being weird.

Initially, I thought it was just the cable so I replugged it and adjusted it but the flickering still didn't go away so I switched to another cable but the problem still persisted. I also tried to restart my PC but the flickering was still there. Lastly, I thought maybe changing my refresh rate would help but no luck on that also, the flickering still persisted.

After a couple of minutes, I wanted to try changing my refresh rate again but I accidentally pressed "Personalize" instead of "Display settings" and that's when the garbage display appeared, at first it appeared on the thumbnails of my previous wallpapers and then it spread to half of my monitor when I alt-tabbed ( View: https://imgur.com/a/aqposj6
- picture from my phone here). I took a screen recording again to check if it would appear on the video so I'd know if it was a GPU or Monitor problem. The weird thing is when I was playing the video while my pc was garbage displaying, the garbage displays that I saw appeared on the recording (at the exact same spots, etc) but when I restarted my PC and reinstalled drivers, I tried to watch the recording again to check but voila it didn't appear. The recording was all normal (I used instant replay so I also recorded what happened before the garbage display) up until the moment the garbage display should have appeared, the recording just turned black with only my cursor on it. I further tested using Furmark 2x to check if there would be any garbage displays etc and I also played 1 game for like 10 minutes but there weren't any problems that appeared. I also found the fix to the monitor's flickering which was to set the brightness to 0%, anything above 0% flickers (1-7% flickers every like 10 seconds and anything above 7% brightness flickers non stop continuously)

My question is
1.) Is it possible my GPU or monitor is dying?
2.) Is the garbage displaying something I should be worried about or does this happen sometimes? I'm mostly worried about my GPU because it's fairly new and it's hard to find and replace nowadays.
3.)What could have caused the garbage display and why does my monitor seem normal when at 0% brightness.

Sorry for the long post, if you don't understand something let me know and I'll try my best to clear it up. (English is not my 1st language)

Specs:
R5 3600
16GB Ram
Asus ROG Strix B550-F
Asus ROG Strix RTX 3070
Seasonic Focus GX750W Gold

Monitor: MSI G24C

Oct 11, 2021
Hi! Yes! I played the 1st video (flickering brightness) on my phone and it didn't appear. The 2nd video changed when I restarted my PC and reinstalled drivers, the part where the garbage display/artifacting should have appeared turned into a black screen w/ cursor.

PS: Using my PC as of this moment with monitor brightness at 0% and everything seems to be fine. Just monitoring it further to see if any problems would occur.