Se213

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 960 4GB
CPU: FX-6300
RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws
HD: 1TB Western Digital Blue
MOBO: GA-970A-DS3P rev 2.0
So my PC has been freezing randomly in games for months now and I can't figure out why. I have changed every single part besides the hard drive, ram and CPU and it still freezes. (New PSU, GPU, MOBO) I've reinstalled windows and all the drivers I need with no benefit. I can't figure out what is causing the instability and in task manager every value of usage is low. It passes all CPU and GPU stress tests, (furmark OCCT cinebench etc.) and scores normally on all the benchmarks I've ran. I reinstalled windows and drivers to try to solve driver errors and that didn't solve anything. I noticed today when I tried to open videos it froze the PC in the same way it does in games but it came out this time and it only froze for a second when usually I have to restart the entire PC with the button on the case. I took a GIF of what it does because afterward the GPU usage spikes at 100% then comes down, I had a bad PSU but I think maybe it caused damage to the CPU. Any suggestions?

https://gyazo.com/b01e7e123e3614f8ef94da92b72c7c31

update: I wiped the hard drive with DBAN and reinstalled windows, I haven't had enough time to see if the problem persists but if it still is freezing I'm pretty sure it's hardware and not software like drivers or something, hope I'm on the right track

Se213

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015

I did it all, my RAM is good and my max CPU temp is 36 and my max GPU temp is 66, my temps are fine

Se213

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Se213 : "PC been freezing for months please help"

Specs: MSI GTX 960 4gb
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
FX-6300
Corsair C550M
G-Skill ripjaws
western digital 1tb HD

So I've had issues with random PC freezing for about 6 months now. It freezes in games, desktop it doesn't matter, it requires hard reboots I can't do anything at all no sound loop or anything. I thought it was some issue with my windows 10 upgrade or drivers so I completely wiped the drive with DBAN and reinstalled windows, didn't work. I replaced my GPU, MOBO, CPU and PSU, still not fixed. I flashed my bios and reset CMOS and still nothing. My temps are all fine, nothing is hot or anything and at times my GPU randomly spikes to 100% more research showed me this was an issue with AMD cards and I don't have one so idk what's causing it. The only thing I haven't tested or replaced is my hard drive and I think it's hardware related since I reinstalled windows and updated BIOS and reset CMOS. Please help.
This is a gif of my GPU randomly spiking to 100%, it did the same thing on my old graphics card as well though...: https://gyazo.com/b01e7e123e3614f8ef94da92b72c7c31